transferring states

how does transferring states work?

• Total voters

Upspouse

As long as he wd not lose full time status, money, benefits etc wd be fine... Just cannot quit & hope for rehire ! Takes waaayy too long to move up ladder! He actually has a total of 15 yrs w company

By The Book

And I am gonna go for it I was just wondering if there was someone from a Washington hub that could tell me a Lil info because hr doesn't really tell u much just if u can transfer or not
You said in this post hr can tell u if u can transfer or not. Please tell me if you can. In most cases dealing with transfers you can only go within the coverage of your areas supplement. Make some calls and let me know. If you aren't vested in your pension yet, ask if you will lose that also.

By The Book

As long as he wd not lose full time status, money, benefits etc wd be fine... Just cannot quit & hope for rehire ! Takes waaayy too long to move up ladder! He actually has a total of 15 yrs w company
Better stay put then. If you want to transfer you probably could fill out a transfer request form for a bldg. within your areas supplemental agreement. He would lose seniority, but keep all pay rates, vacation weeks earned, etc.

rod

Retired 22 years
First of all don't make what could turn out to be a terrible decision based on info you get off an internet website. There can be a lot of good info on the BC BUT there also a lot of BS. You should be talking to your HR dept or calling your local Union and even at that I wouldn't believe half of what you are told. Good luck because when it comes to questions like yours--no one seems to have the correct answer. Personally I wouldn't risk the move.

watdaflock?

If you want to transfer in all honesty don't worry about all that. Just go asap because you will be starting all over so the longer you wait the more prolonged your goals will be met. Just go!
You didn't answer his questions either. Read more carefully next time.

smh and :censored2:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That's the only way to do it though. You talk to the center manager where you want to go and HR there. They agree to hire you.

Basically "quit" on a Friday and get rehired Monday at the new place. It is a risk but that's about the only way. Unless you're in the west.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Better stay put then. If you want to transfer you probably could fill out a transfer request form for a bldg. within your areas supplemental agreement. He would lose seniority, but keep all pay rates, vacation weeks earned, etc.
He wouldn't necessarily lose seniority if staying in the same local.

He's crossing state lines though so it doesn't sound like that would be the case for him.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
First of all don't make what could turn out to be a terrible decision based on info you get off an internet website. There can be a lot of good info on the BC BUT there also a lot of BS. You should be talking to your HR dept or calling your local Union and even at that I wouldn't believe half of what you are told. Good luck because when it comes to questions like yours--no one seems to have the correct answer. Personally I wouldn't risk the move.
If someone make a move to a different state based on something posted on an internet forum...they deserve what they get. What?? It must be true...I read it on the internet!!

iron22man

OK so I talked to hr and I got the form to transfer I will keep my company hired date so that means same pay rate and benefits but the only way to transfer is thru school so I believe rod was correct and yeah u can always try the risky quit and hope u get a rehire status so that u can get hired back on at the location u want

iron22man

Also one more thing they told me that any full time position can't ever transfer idk the reason y I only know because the lady was like it's a good thing ur not a full timer and I asked y and that was the answer she gave me

KaiserTom

I'm pretty sure the hub is the Redmond facility. Seattle pays $11 starting, Redmond and Tukwila both $10 starting, and that's as much as I know. Seattle also starts education benefits day one. It's also much cheaper than living anywhere near SoCal unless you want to live in the middle of the city ofc.

iron22man

U have to apply to somewhere that there hiring and where the school ur going to I was think IG going to walla walla? Any advice or comments?

justJ

Actually I was in the same position as you I worked out of Sylmar as a package handler loading in the night sort once I hit my year I filed my educational transfer signed up for a few classes and I bugged the :censored2: out of HR till they contacted me with some lady out of West Covina that linked me to HR in Seattle there's a good amount of centers here I didn't lose my seniority I'm actually one of the top tier on the seniority list, a lot of drivers are retiring up here they're hiring drivers off the street the turn out is so bad they are in need off help

I work in the valley center in fife it's a brand new center they just opened there are a good amount of centers it just depends where exactly in Washington state you want to transfer to

& its cheap as :censored2: to live out here higher paying jobs galore out here