transferring states

how does transferring states work?

• Total voters

anonymousupsman

Hi ive been working for ups about 2yrs now and I live in California but I want to transfer to Washington state I'm a package handler now so I was wondering how much do they make out there? Where is the hub out there? How long is the wait to be a driver out there? And is it cheaper/more affordable to live out there than California?

If you were looking to move to the Seattle area, cost-of-living is about the same as most of California. There are seven Hubs around the Seattle area and the biggest one is called the Redmond center. There is also Bremerton, fife, Tacoma remote, tukwila, Everett, and a few others.

Since you were working under the Western supplement, you will get paid pretty much exactly the same. California is one of the 11 states we can transfer in and out of in the western supplement. Sign your name up on the list and if there's an open spot, you have it. Educational transfers are not the only way in this district, you can transfer with no reason at all as long as you have the seniority and and open position.

Wait times at most centers are about 3 to 8 years right now to become a driver. Your best bet is Redmond Washington if you want to become a driver soon.

VDUBINIT

I'm looking for health care info. I was given the opportunity to transfer to the Spokane Washington hub..

Im ft package.
How does your seniority date transfer for feeder? Do I lose my seniority for this list?