Transfers?

jerseyupser

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1411639844.470649.jpg

Sent using BrownCafe App

Overpaid Union Thug

Then you would have several people under different contracts. My in my last 2 buildings there were 12 transfers.
The agreement would be that the transfer would stay in their original pension but would fall under the contrac for their new area for all other items. If transfers were only allowed within the region (which is probably better) that would never be an issue.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Transfers within the same pension plan, as they are in the west, should be allowed and negotiated in each supplement.

I just think it would be difficult for the company/local to keep track of many different pension contribution rules/rates/payments, etc.

One pension plan in the US...no problemo.

calcio56

I get the investment thing, just sucks we can't get our :censored2: together enough to have consistency across the board..

1989...thanks?

barnyard

KTM rider
Not true, mismanaged defined benefit plans are not sustainable.

Name 1 defined benefit pension plan that is more than 40 years old and is still healthy.

The problem with any defined benefit plan is that eventually you will have many members drawing from it to the point where they have received way more than was deposited on their behalf.

upschuck

Name 1 defined benefit pension plan that is more than 40 years old and is still healthy.
I am sure the UPS management one is.

The problem with any defined benefit plan is that eventually you will have many members drawing from it to the point where they have received way more than was deposited on their behalf.
That is the magic of what interest/dividend compounding does, and what a good financial manager will do for you. If I just wanted to get what I put in, I would stash all my cash under my bed.

Nope. That is what puts retirement trusts into bankruptcy. Defined benefit plans are not sustainable.
If I were to retire right now, it would take 2 employee contributions to cover my pension. When I do retire 3-3 1/2. Is that sustainable?