Transfers?

upschuck

Then why has UPS discontinued a pension for all new management???
Same reason they are having mgmt. pay higher premiums on HC, and cutting other benefits. They have got to keep growing profits for the shareholders, and they take it or leave it. They don't get to vote on their benefits, they get what they get.

Overpaid Union Thug

If UPS has technology capable of rerouting Surepost packages back to our trucks then I'm sure they can make sure a transfer from another region's pension plan's pension contributions are still put into their previous region's plan. But if every region had the same that would solve all potential difficulties.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
UPS has historically opposed transfers even within the same local, so I'm certain the issue goes well beyond pensions. These threads surface monthly, and it's nearly always the same places people want to transfer to: SoCal, Texas and Florida. People typically want to transfer once they've made FT or their PT wage is sufficient to support living in a higher cost market. Among other things, if UPS allowed transfers, it'd faced with the challenge of recruiting PTers in places like Los Angeles, since there would be virtually no FT opportunity unless they wanted to move.

jerseyupser

You would think for a gigantic company such as UPS that they would make it easier to transfer anywhere with out any issues.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jerseyupser

If UPS has technology capable of rerouting Surepost packages back to our trucks then I'm sure they can make sure a transfer from another region's pension plan's pension contributions are still put into their previous region's plan. But if every region had the same that would solve all potential difficulties.

Sent using BrownCafe App
UPS just doesn't want to make anything easy for the employees.

Sent using BrownCafe App

jerseyupser

UPS has historically opposed transfers even within the same local, so I'm certain the issue goes well beyond pensions. These threads surface monthly, and it's nearly always the same places people want to transfer to: SoCal, Texas and Florida. People typically want to transfer once they've made FT or their PT wage is sufficient to support living in a higher cost market. Among other things, if UPS allowed transfers, it'd faced with the challenge of recruiting PTers in places like Los Angeles, since there would be virtually no FT opportunity unless they wanted to move.
For every 10 FT employees hired they can take in 2 transfers or something along those lines. It's possible to do.

Sent using BrownCafe App