Transition - more Corporate outside hires

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Downsizing Demotivator.PNG

Popeye

The transition calls were ridiculous so now if they gave u the August 31st date u can wait as long as October 15th for your buyout. IF YOUR LUCKY. The call seemed to take on the typical UPS tone it’s our way or the highway deal with it. Ups better be careful the way they treat older employees isn’t that what this is about let’s get younger. Lol after 38 years they call it early retirement and they indicate in the paperwork if I stay around till 2027 thats my full retirement age. Hypocrites like they want us around that long

I didn’t hear about any calls. What new info did you learn on the call? Dates when VRP checks would be sent?

tino1

If your date is the 31st of August your were given a few dates to attend a whats next VRP call. It was a PowerPoint presentation which is on UPSER.COM .

tino1

I learned that they may be overwhelmed, the first payout may be OCTOBER 15TH provided they have all your information if not the payouts go in 15 day increments.

Popeye

I learned that they may be overwhelmed, the first payout may be OCTOBER 15TH provided they have all your information if not the payouts go in 15 day increments.

Overwhelmed?? WTF! They know how many people accepted the VRP offer and it was up to them to choose everyone's dates. Did the same people plan this that have been doing peak season plans for the past 4 years?

happyman2018

Overwhelmed?? WTF! They know how many people accepted the VRP offer and it was up to them to choose everyone's dates. Did the same people plan this that have been doing peak season plans for the past 4 years?
Pretty sure they delegated the VRP to the person who handled the TNT acquisition......

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Biz Journal

Q: How is your organization changing or adapting to prepare for the future?

A: There have been many changes during my tenure and throughout the history of our company. One of the most recent changes we’ve made to our company structure to support innovation occurred recently when we realigned our IT and engineering functions under a single UPS leader who reports directly to me. Our intention was to align all of our efforts into one, cohesive, fast-moving and powerful technology organization. Our Chief Information and Engineering Officer, Juan Perez, is a proven change agent at UPS. Juan created the Advanced Technology Group, which helps UPS develop new technology solutions faster. This is an important change for us. We are creating a smart logistics network that uses data analytics, automation and technology to build the next generation of UPS customer capabilities and operations cost reductions. We fully expect it to spur innovation that will propel us forward…fast.

Popeye

Biz Journal

Q: How is your organization changing or adapting to prepare for the future?

A: There have been many changes during my tenure and throughout the history of our company. One of the most recent changes we’ve made to our company structure to support innovation occurred recently when we realigned our IT and engineering functions under a single UPS leader who reports directly to me. Our intention was to align all of our efforts into one, cohesive, fast-moving and powerful technology organization. Our Chief Information and Engineering Officer, Juan Perez, is a proven change agent at UPS. Juan created the Advanced Technology Group, which helps UPS develop new technology solutions faster. This is an important change for us. We are creating a smart logistics network that uses data analytics, automation and technology to build the next generation of UPS customer capabilities and operations cost reductions. We fully expect it to spur innovation that will propel us forward…fast.

Juan Perez is not a seasoned IT professional deserving to be CIO at a company the size of UPS that is as dependent on advanced technology as UPS is.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Juan Perez is not a seasoned IT professional deserving to be CIO at a company the size of UPS that is as dependent on advanced technology as UPS is.
That is your opinion and it does not agree with mine.

The UPS CIO must understand how technology can help the company's strategy and have the ability to hold their reports accountable to provide technologies as needed and at a reasonable cost.
I worked around Juan when he was over the Customer Technology group and I saw nothing about him that inferred he would not be a good CIO.
UPS is recognized very positively for their applied technology and I'm sure it will continue with Juan at the helm.

That is my opinion.

Necropostophiliac

That is your opinion and it does not agree with mine.

The UPS CIO must understand how technology can help the company's strategy and have the ability to hold their reports accountable to provide technologies as needed and at a reasonable cost.
I worked around Juan when he was over the Customer Technology group and I saw nothing about him that inferred he would not be a good CIO.
UPS is recognized very positively for their applied technology and I'm sure it will continue with Juan at the helm.

That is my opinion.
I met him at our business unit when he came to visit as the CIO. Impressive man and very IT competent in my short
time of interface with him. I had 20 plus years under my belt when I met him (I have since retired) to form this opinion. He knows TSG and IT very well. I concur with Mr. Jingles. By the way, the writing was and is on the wall for many, so I was fortunate to go honorably and draw a pension when the getting was good this year.

j13501

I worked with Juan Perez during his time in engineering.

He is one of the smartest, finest, hardworking people I've worked with in my years at UPS. If he called me tomorrow, I pay my own way to fly to Atlanta to help him.
Your problem is that you're so close to the changes that you take them personal. I can assure you that Juan is making changes that will keep UPS competitive moving forward into the future.

tino1

No once in all these posts did anyone mention the customer. We want to charge a premium for sub par performance. Major disconnect with UPS is how distant corporate is from the middle market. Meanwhile amazon just purchased 20,000 trucks but their not a threat to us. That’s bull:censored2:

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Not once in all these posts did anyone mention the customer.
We want to charge a premium for sub-par performance.
Major disconnect with UPS is how distant corporate is from the middle market.
Meanwhile Amazon just purchased 20,000 trucks but they're not a threat to us.
That’s bull:poop:
OK