Transition - more Corporate outside hires

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
No once in all these posts did anyone mention the customer. We want to charge a premium for sub par performance. Major disconnect with UPS is how distant corporate is from the middle market. Meanwhile amazon just purchased 20,000 trucks but their not a threat to us. That’s bull:censored2:
Yeah, what a shame to lose high cost, low margin business

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
No once in all these posts did anyone mention the customer. We want to charge a premium for sub par performance. Major disconnect with UPS is how distant corporate is from the middle market. Meanwhile amazon just purchased 20,000 trucks but their not a threat to us. That’s bull:censored2:

Yeah, what a shame to lose high cost, low margin business

we bend over backwards for MM, it’s our most profitable sector

unless you’re both talking about amazon, they’re just filler, couldn’t care less what we do with them

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The transition calls were ridiculous so now if they gave u the August 31st date u can wait as long as October 15th for your buyout. IF YOUR LUCKY. The call seemed to take on the typical UPS tone it’s our way or the highway deal with it. Ups better be careful the way they treat older employees isn’t that what this is about let’s get younger. Lol after 38 years they call it early retirement and they indicate in the paperwork if I stay around till 2027 thats my full retirement age. Hypocrites like they want us around that long
Once an non-union employee gets 35 years, the full retirement age is dropped to 60 years of age.
I had 40 years and retired at age 58 1/2.
The penalty for me was 3% x 1.5 or 4.5 % of my monthly pension.

Biz Journal

Q: How is your organization changing or adapting to prepare for the future?

A: There have been many changes during my tenure and throughout the history of our company. One of the most recent changes we’ve made to our company structure to support innovation occurred recently when we realigned our IT and engineering functions under a single UPS leader who reports directly to me. Our intention was to align all of our efforts into one, cohesive, fast-moving and powerful technology organization. Our Chief Information and Engineering Officer, Juan Perez, is a proven change agent at UPS. Juan created the Advanced Technology Group, which helps UPS develop new technology solutions faster. This is an important change for us. We are creating a smart logistics network that uses data analytics, automation and technology to build the next generation of UPS customer capabilities and operations cost reductions. We fully expect it to spur innovation that will propel us forward…fast.

How the heck this guy made it to a CEO is really amazing. That tells you if you were tall, blonde, skinny, ruthless, yeller and a screamer, then you were the right leader for UPS.

dudebro

How the heck this guy made it to a CEO is really amazing. That tells you if you were tall, blonde, skinny, ruthless, yeller and a screamer, then you were the right leader for UPS.

If you mean Abney, that's not entirely accurate. He could yell at someone when needed, but he's also the DM who I saw jump in a trailer and loaded in a suit to help train new hub PT supervisors.

He also on a few occasions caught me doing stuff that might have warranted yelling or screaming, but instead, walked over and quietly told me he didn't like what he was seeing. And that was 30 years ago. I'm sure executive charm school has changed things a lot since then.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
If you mean Abney, that's not entirely accurate. He could yell at someone when needed, but he's also the DM who I saw jump in a trailer and loaded in a suit to help train new hub PT supervisors.

He also on a few occasions caught me doing stuff that might have warranted yelling or screaming, but instead, walked over and quietly told me he didn't like what he was seeing. And that was 30 years ago. I'm sure executive charm school has changed things a lot since then.
The man not-so-quietly comes across as a heartless sociopath, which is generally what it takes to be promoted at U PS.

Popeye

Can you share what would constitute a situation where yelling and screaming are warranted? The only thing that comes to mind for me is if the person being addressed doesn't hear well or maybe the conversation taking place in a noisy environment. Otherwise it's pure and simple unprofessional bullying.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
From past history it is the quiet ones that you have to need an eye out for..
Agreed ... we calculate, we plan, we prepare and when the opportunity arises ...
boom-clipart-.png

dudebro

Can you share what would constitute a situation where yelling and screaming are warranted? The only thing that comes to mind for me is if the person being addressed doesn't hear well or maybe the conversation taking place in a noisy environment. Otherwise it's pure and simple unprofessional bullying.
Sure. I was standing between door 144 and 145 on my belt. I was distributing a pile of packages from door 142 to 146 without taking any walking steps, via the "air sort" method. As mgmt were not supposed to do that, but he was kind about it. And this was on the Meadowlands night sort in 1988. Don't pretend we were all that evolved back then. .