Transition - more Corporate outside hires

Popeye

Two new outside hires to replace people reporting to Scott Price. Reported in "UPS This Week". One of them is from Coca Cola, surely a Scott Price tag-along.

happyman2018

I think they're being hired to do the dirty work of coming in and firing a bunch of people. Just like Price and this guy did at Coca Cola.
Agree with you. We need more people in the Corporate office like I need a few more ex-wives. MIP will go the way of the past soon.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Two new outside hires to replace people reporting to Scott Price. Reported in "UPS This Week". One of them is from Coca Cola, surely a Scott Price tag-along.
Cool, he can run my route in August.

Maybe he can get 24 packs of Desani water at a discount, need him to stay hydrated, safety is number 1.

oldbrownguy

Agree with you. We need more people in the Corporate office like I need a few more ex-wives. MIP will go the way of the past soon.
Just a matter of time before MIP is gone completely. Heck, it might as well be gone now...Im gone, so it doesnt matter to me anymore. Oh well, live goes on...

Popeye

Just a matter of time before MIP is gone completely. Heck, it might as well be gone now...Im gone, so it doesnt matter to me anymore. Oh well, live goes on...

They SHOULD get rid of MIP. Instead of a reward for the company doing well it’s become a tool for them to use to adjust management compensation on a whim. It’s based on goals that they make up and don’t publish, and nobody has any control over. They should just roll it into salaries and be done with it. Raise your hand if you’ve been motivated by MIP since they changed it in 2005. I’m with you. I’m out the door so it’s someone else’s problem now.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I think they're being hired to do the dirty work of coming in and firing a bunch of people. Just like Price and this guy did at Coca Cola.

"Firing" is too harsh a word, try the word "transformation" far more kinder. On the serious side you guys in the middle are in deep, deep trouble, just look on the horizon with the UPS Retirement Plan ending it's vesting and monetary contributions in 2023 (Kind of corresponds to the end of this union contract, if it goes thru). Will Central States become insolvent by them without federal help, the timing is interesting. I have only seen the Operational side of Management on the ground level and from the recent downside they are considered too valuable to lose, everybody else not so.

brownalltheway

The one from Coke assisted in cutting 10,000 employees. The other is for xerox. I wonder if he has a Masters degree since that seems to be the requirement for Marketing employees except the management committee member in charge of Marketing

tino1

Lol they hire an old guy from Xerox the last I checked xerox is on the balls of its ass. Wasn’t impressed with the town hall he gave.

Popeye

"Firing" is too harsh a word, try the word "transformation" far more kinder.

They will be "transformed" from "partners" to unemployed. I'd almost like to be around to see the aftermath and whether anyone dares to call someone a partner after this. That would truly be laughable.

dudebro

They SHOULD get rid of MIP. Instead of a reward for the company doing well it’s become a tool for them to use to adjust management compensation on a whim. It’s based on goals that they make up and don’t publish, and nobody has any control over. They should just roll it into salaries and be done with it. Raise your hand if you’ve been motivated by MIP since they changed it in 2005. I’m with you. I’m out the door so it’s someone else’s problem now.

I think Wall Street likes the idea that they can cut mgmt expense in any given year, they wont roll it into a fixed salary.

dudebro

And you complain about how the teamsters whine... as much as I hate to say this you and us are more similar than you think

Not for nothing but a Teamster and say, a Ft hub supervisor have largely the same issues. Upper management is a whole different job.

tino1

The transition calls were ridiculous so now if they gave u the August 31st date u can wait as long as October 15th for your buyout. IF YOUR LUCKY. The call seemed to take on the typical UPS tone it’s our way or the highway deal with it. Ups better be careful the way they treat older employees isn’t that what this is about let’s get younger. Lol after 38 years they call it early retirement and they indicate in the paperwork if I stay around till 2027 thats my full retirement age. Hypocrites like they want us around that long

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
The transition calls were ridiculous so now if they gave u the August 31st date u can wait as long as October 15th for your buyout. IF YOUR LUCKY. The call seemed to take on the typical UPS tone it’s our way or the highway deal with it. Ups better be careful the way they treat older employees isn’t that what this is about let’s get younger. Lol after 38 years they call it early retirement and they indicate in the paperwork if I stay around till 2027 thats my full retirement age. Hypocrites like they want us around that long
You sound a bit bitter ...
In 2010 I said it would take 20 years to completely turn over the mgt workforce that worked for United Parcel Service.
I left in Jan 2013, and I was already seeing their desire to accelerate my prediction.
Good luck