trouble brewing?

backinbrown

respect my authority
Were both being thrown in the frying pan on Monday.. I have been on
WC for 4 months and TWA for 1 so I have not driven for 5 months is all. I know I have a target on my entire body.. My center manager has all but said point blank he was gunning for me.. Oh well just keep a positive attitude and use the methods.. Good luck
thank you and i wish you luck also. all we can do is one stop at a time and watch what we do and i plan on keeping records of anything said just to protect myself i may sound paramoid but we all no what big brown can do to us or may try to do i just want to do my job and go home again goodluck to you

W

westsideworma

Were both being thrown in the frying pan on Monday.. I have been on
WC for 4 months and TWA for 1 so I have not driven for 5 months is all. I know I have a target on my entire body.. My center manager has all but said point blank he was gunning for me.. Oh well just keep a positive attitude and use the methods.. Good luck

this will paint a bigger target on you but, remember if he is in fact gunning for you (and you can prove it) that could be considered harassment and that's something you can grieve. It shouldn't be allowed, contrary to popular belief of some of my management brethren not all injuries are avoidable just by using the methods...and thats not something you should be punished for.

magoo57

If he says that he is gunning for you,thatin itself is harrassment. If you can prove it, greive him now.
As far as why the pas loads are worse than before, one has onlt to remember that the pal label is ALL that a preloader reads.
Also, I noticed this the last time I trained at preload(a couple of years after i left there - temp duty). The p/t supes never walk the insides of the trucks that they are responsible for. Forget the friend/t supes ever doing this.

over9five

Staff member
"If he says that he is gunning for you,thatin itself is harrassment."

I was thinking exactly that, except I might call the 800 number for workplace violence. Sounds VERY threatening. Even the perception of workplace violence IS CONSIDERED workplace violence.

I think you should discuss it with your shop steward. You might even say that you fear for your safety, maybe even your life. The center manager sounds unbalanced...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'm a cover driver and usually I'll be on a split route

For example, How the hell can I have nothing on shelves 2000 and 3000 but then have 120 stops in the 6000 section :biting:

Or you're on the split route and the whole 190 stops have 1000's pal labels on them :furious:

I hope they can fix that in our next 100 years

backinbrown

respect my authority
I had a sup come out to my route to take my air and he was not happy. he was nose to nose with me screaming at me i thought he was going to punch me. I was a seanonal june to dec then and didnt say anything because i thought i wouldnt be brought back the following season.

This sup would say stuff only you could hear very intimidating. I dont plan on allowing this type of behavoir now that i have my senoirity. I have never greived before, if i was to at some point dont i then paint big target on my back.

I know people grieve everday does it solve the problem or cause another one?

W

westsideworma

I'm a cover driver and usually I'll be on a split route

For example, How the hell can I have nothing on shelves 2000 and 3000 but then have 120 stops in the 6000 section :biting:

Or you're on the split route and the whole 190 stops have 1000's pal labels on them :furious:

I hope they can fix that in our next 100 years

Its on your dispatch team...believe me I've asked the same questions many times before on behalf of my loaders for fear of what the drivers might do when they see their trucks haha. It has got much better than when we started PAS. We've been on it for over a year. Things have improved but I still prefer the old alpha charts. PAS is easier to learn, but you have no knowledge of what is on your trucks...I personally thought that made me a better loader somehow back then. I don't know I didn't think it was hard, but PAS is certainly easier to learn. It took me a month to memorize my charts completely and after that I never looked at them, I just knew where everything went (save for minor brain farts here and there) and knew where I had wiggle room to stuff overflow and build good loads. On PAS you can load relatively easily the day you start. You certainly aren't a preload all star the first day with it, but you're effective. Now the plans change daily so your guess is as good as mine as to whats on the trucks, even if you've never been in my center, its still just as good haha.

Griff

I had a sup come out to my route to take my air and he was not happy. he was nose to nose with me screaming at me i thought he was going to punch me. I was a seanonal june to dec then and didnt say anything because i thought i wouldnt be brought back the following season.

This sup would say stuff only you could hear very intimidating. I dont plan on allowing this type of behavoir now that i have my senoirity. I have never greived before, if i was to at some point dont i then paint big target on my back.

I know people grieve everday does it solve the problem or cause another one?

That sort of behavior is far from acceptable. This is typical UPS management crap, sadly. They are merely looking for your reaction and will judge you based upon it. Generally speaking UPS management doesn't like people who stick up for themselves. They like people who will cower to their weak and empty threats, also people who don't stick up for their rights as a Teamster or as a USA citizen. Learn your rights, adopt the mindset of not caring about targets or what "THEY" think and take action.

The more you care about being a target, the faster you become one.

magoo57

Griff,as a supe I have to take great exception to that last. Jerks can accumulate anywhere humans congregate.Yep, there are jerks in supervision, there are jerks as hourlies, there are jerk preachers and priests and jackass popes and presidents. It's part of the human condition.
Yes this guy is a jerk. Yes, backinbrown should have a cell phone with recording capability in his pocket when speaking with him at all times. This fool should be fired if the story is true.
But don't tar all of us with the same brush.

Griff

Griff,as a supe I have to take great exception to that last. Jerks can accumulate anywhere humans congregate.Yep, there are jerks in supervision, there are jerks as hourlies, there are jerk preachers and priests and jackass popes and presidents. It's part of the human condition.
Yes this guy is a jerk. Yes, backinbrown should have a cell phone with recording capability in his pocket when speaking with him at all times. This fool should be fired if the story is true.
But don't tar all of us with the same brush.

I don't even know how to respond to this post. Someone being a jerk is all in the eye of the beholder. I could be a jerk to you, but a hero to the next guy in line. This guy could be a jerk to you and a valued asset to his boss. I have a firm belief that the behavior described in that post is not only taught, but encouraged in UPS management circles. It's too widespread of a problem to be a "bad seed" issue. This one-upsmanship, belittling, condescending, intimidation tactics are used in more than one location. I don't buy it.

That advice about recording someone isn't very swift. It's actually illegal in some states to record someones voice without their consent and/or knowledge.

magoo57

All I can tell you is that every command I had I would've bee( or had been) disciplined for such behavior. Do you really think that the company would just sit back and be a target for harassment lawsuits?