Truck accident

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
OK, now it's time for speculation. Did the driver of the white Volvo truck fall asleep, causing the hit to the barrier?
What, on top of the fact it was raining (very hard) & in a road work zone with very badly laid out lane diversions?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
Hondo, What do you think happened? Combo of all 3?
I heard:
  1. badly laid out work zone (see the 2nd paragraph about the divided lanes, and the picture with the orange sign/barricades where the lanes split apart).
  2. raining very, very hard
  3. white truck jackknifed because of any or all of: missed warning signs about lanes splitting/driving too fast (rain)/maybe fatigued, and ended up sideways across entire northbound roadway. Story says he was in the left lane at the split, maybe swerved too hard at the last instant?
  4. Can't tell from the pics which lane the brown truck was in at the split, but I heard he was in the right lane, when the white truck came across his path.

Observer

Had to look it up as nothing was even mentioned on the local news. That part of I-65 has always been a nightmare. Glad nobody lost their lives. I really wish the company would be more concerned about employees. It's wrong to treat everyone like we're nothing. What they put out will come back to them. Gotta love Karma!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Had to look it up as nothing was even mentioned on the local news. That part of I-65 has always been a nightmare. Glad nobody lost their lives. I really wish the company would be more concerned about employees. It's wrong to treat everyone like we're nothing. What they put out will come back to them. Gotta love Karma!
UPS just happened to be at rhe wrong place at the wrong time.

browned_out

Yes, I'm aware that we use white tractors for sleeper teams. However if you look at the picture this tractor has markings on it that are not consistent with our tractors. At least here on the west coast our tractors are all white with no markings other than small lettering saying Ups.