Truck sizes

RuthlessSupSlayer

The road test itself is easy. Just take your time on turns and take them a bit wider than you think you need if your not used to a big truck. They turn well for a vehicle of their size. Take the time to dial in your mirrors/seat before you take off.

I drive an 18 speed at my other job and 5 speed was a little weird at first with the gears so close together but you'll get the feel for it halfway through. You're going to grind some gears but stay calm. If you accidentally go from 2nd to 5th don't panic, just calmly pull it out and get it in 3rd. They expect to see you're competent with the stick in traffic not perfect. Some people panic and end up having to stop right if traffic which wouldn't be good.

When they have you start on a hill from a complete stop, slowly engage the clutch with the handbrake still on and when you feel it grab pop the brake off, rev and go. Or if you're confident do the same thing with your foot on the brake.

If you know how to run a stick I wouldn't waste your money renting a uhaul. That's just me. Those things don't turn as well or have the visibility of a pkg car.

Good luck.
good stuff i appreciate the insight. Im competent with a manual in a car amd a diesel truck. I usually come off the clutch before releasing the foot brake in a car. Thanks again

Over 70

good stuff i appreciate the insight. Im competent with a manual in a car amd a diesel truck. I usually come off the clutch before releasing the foot brake in a car. Thanks again

Also, ask if you cruise around the center a bit before the test starts to get a feel. They let me and I got some nice gear grinds out of the way before the test started lol

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
P-5
th

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
I know at our hub if you have a test you can talk to a manager and they will let you practice with one around the parking lot