Truck sizes

RuthlessSupSlayer

You may or not care (more the latter i imagine but idgaf) but i spoke with the car wash sup and he said i could come in before preload and mess around with one. He said backing up is hard to do. Caveat this person could be classified as "special" the lite version.

Gear

Parts on Order
More like the position of the driver relative to the steer axle.

Its the steer axle position and the design of the truck. Driver position is irrelevant, those are just controls. UPS trucks have forward steer axle like a garbage truck or school bus, allowing tighter turns. Negative side is having long length past the rear axle which will swing out.

ExBrownie

Driving various vehicles over my career, the ups truck to me was the best. Far better visibility than most pedestrian cars and trucks. Almost no blind spot in the front, which is especially helpful when going up hills. Back up camera is key in this type of vehicle.

oldupsman

Absolutely the roughest riding truck ever created. Back end would jump up in the air on the country roads I had to drive one on. But I still liked it better than a no power steering p1000 or p800.

It was great in the snow with a full set of chains. Without out chains it was horrendous.

RuthlessSupSlayer

So i passed my road test @Brownslave688 and @Over 70 was right as long as you can drive a stick you are good. I scored 50 out of 125. But the other guy in front of me did 124 out of 125 and he barely passed. So that was a discretionary choice i believe. But i could be wrong. I got an email from HR saying to do the application, online classes, and get my DOT card.

So thats good...i guess...Kinda strange though seems out of process to me.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Mines 7.5 inches.
wow thats a tiny truck...Life's challenging as a troll i bet.
Trollface 25072017151002.jpg

Milton's Stapler

Hemorrhoid Boy
I recently just completed my probation/qualifying period for PT cover....driving pretty regular now and I know it's going to continue to increase to the point of insane. So far I've driven all of the sizes and obviously the 500s are the best. I am working a rural route and that's what I use most of the time. I drove a 1000 for the first time on Saturday suburban route blind....What a nightmare! 200 stops, 250 packages, HOrrible load, missing packages, misloads and buried packages. If that wasn't enough driving the big mommas are much more challenging as you really have to be aware of low hanging powerlines etc.. plus you can't get in and out of spaces you normally would with smaller trucks. Otherwise, it was fun! LOL:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

AlliSeeisBrown

Does anyone else have the super loud workhorses in their building? Number starts with 142. I want to know what’s under the hood. I drove one today and set off a car alarm while passing.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
I drive a Freightliner diesel. Sounds like an open pipe Peterbilt semi. The roar as I come through the center is insane.