Truck sizes

RuthlessSupSlayer

Mini uhaul sized to large uhaul sized.

Who cares?

Thanks for your thoughtful response its great to have resources like yourself ;)

I was thinking of getting underglow lights for the ups trucks then wire them in to blink when you use your turn signal and when you beep your horn they get really bright...

I actually ask because i am renting a truck to practice for my road test because i do not drive a 26ft truck everyday and i am not in a rual area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thanks for your thoughtful response its great to have resources like yourself ;)

I was thinking of getting underglow lights for the ups trucks then wire them in to blink when you use your turn signal and when you beep your horn they get really bright...

I actually ask because i am renting a truck to practice for my road test because i do not drive a 26ft truck everyday and i am not in a rual area.
If you're thinking this hard or worried this much about your road test.......well good luck.

RuthlessSupSlayer

If you're thinking this hard or worried this much about your road test.......well good luck.
im not worried i am just making sure i am prepared. It comes with my current job. I understand what you mean and normally i would say the same thing. I have lost sleep waiting for this oppertunity because of having to work preload not because im stressed or nervous. I just want to do my best. Thank you though i appreciate it.

Over 70

The road test itself is easy. Just take your time on turns and take them a bit wider than you think you need if your not used to a big truck. They turn well for a vehicle of their size. Take the time to dial in your mirrors/seat before you take off.

I drive an 18 speed at my other job and 5 speed was a little weird at first with the gears so close together but you'll get the feel for it halfway through. You're going to grind some gears but stay calm. If you accidentally go from 2nd to 5th don't panic, just calmly pull it out and get it in 3rd. They expect to see you're competent with the stick in traffic not perfect. Some people panic and end up having to stop right if traffic which wouldn't be good.

When they have you start on a hill from a complete stop, slowly engage the clutch with the handbrake still on and when you feel it grab pop the brake off, rev and go. Or if you're confident do the same thing with your foot on the brake.

If you know how to run a stick I wouldn't waste your money renting a uhaul. That's just me. Those things don't turn as well or have the visibility of a pkg car. I honestly don't feel driving a pkg car is a whole ton different from a regular car. Granted I'm used to tractor trailers, dump trucks with tag trailers, etc but once you remove the fear factor you can squeeze a pkg in alot of tight spots pretty easily.

Good luck.