Truck sizes

Over 70

P-800
UPS_truck_-804051.jpg

That's exactly what I road tested in, only it looked like a "yard truck". Double barrel cans of starter fluid in the cup holders is always a good sign.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That's exactly what I road tested in, only it looked like a "yard truck". Double barrel cans of starter fluid in the cup holders is always a good sign.
The generation of trucks before these all had chokes. The building would be on large black cloud in the morning.

llamainmypocket

I did the same thing. I'm pretty sure it made no difference renting a uhaul. What you want is to be natural in a package car and that comes with time. A uhual isn't a package car.

If you want to nail it as a driver go Saturday air, wait five years, then sign up for ground. Otherwise, you're going to be a sucky driver until you really know what you're doing. Just like everyone else.

Over 70

I did the same thing. I'm pretty sure it made no difference renting a uhaul. What you want is to be natural in a package car and that comes with time. A uhual isn't a package car.

If you want to nail it as a driver go Saturday air, wait five years, then sign up for ground. Otherwise, you're going to be a sucky driver until you really know what you're doing. Just like everyone else.

I couldn't disagree more with you. It's not rocket science.

RuthlessSupSlayer

Thanks for that, good to hear i am not the only one who thought of this hair brain idea lol. Well here is the thing signed 3 bid lists for ft driver and a Saturday air. Needless to say i missed out on the air spot but i did get an "invitation" to take a road test even though they said i was 2nd in senority for a full time spot but they are still having me do this.

As for being a "sucky" driver, the advantage i have is all this experience here from this site to pick some brains. I have been looking up advice from other posts for a couple months now. So i feel good about it but i stay with an open mind to this. Also i am fairly aware of the area. I will be working in urban/suburban area. Not the ghetto though.

Over 70

Thanks for that, good to hear i am not the only one who thought of this hair brain idea lol. Well here is the thing signed 3 bid lists for ft driver and a Saturday air. Needless to say i missed out on the air spot but i did get an "invitation" to take a road test even though they said i was 2nd in senority for a full time spot but they are still having me do this.

As for being a "sucky" driver, the advantage i have is all this experience here from this site to pick some brains. I have been looking up advice from other posts for a couple months now. So i feel good about it but i stay with an open mind to this. Also i am fairly aware of the area. I will be working in urban/suburban area. Not the ghetto though.

You will do fine. Like I said the job isn't rocket science. If you have a decent memory and spacial awareness it's actually kind of easy.

Hard work but not difficult once things click. There's only so much one man can do.