True or False?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't there a mode on the DIAD where you can make a package signature or adult signature required and the shipper gets billed accordingly? Kinda like the address correct function?

Yes but if the shipper can't be bothered to properly ship the package why should we do it for him?

ArcherUTR

Yes but if the shipper can't be bothered to properly ship the package why should we do it for him?

To teach them a lesson on how much a signature required package costs?

This is why I address correct packages myself when I deliver them on the same day without giving them to a clerk in the evening.

If we just obtain a signature for a random resi, that has nothing to do with billing changes, right?

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
To teach them a lesson on how much a signature required package costs?

This is why I address correct packages myself when I deliver them on the same day without giving them to a clerk in the evening.

If we just obtain a signature for a random resi, that has nothing to do with billing changes, right?
Correct.

JackStraw

Depends. If I'm being ridden, well it's the Magic Triangle baby! Oh, and I'm going to the house that I know no one is home first. Otherwise, I'm hitting Pkg. Info., number 4 and coming back "Sometime Tomorrow".

Johney

Just a guess but it's what you're paid to do? They put that function in the DIAD for a reason Einstein, So if I ship something from a letter box, I don't have the luxury of sending it signature required even if I'm willing to pay extra for it?

upschuck

According to the UPS Service Guide, only automated systems that produce a barcode and transmit PLD are eligible for Delivery Confirmation Signature service. Shipments made using ASD's and the Shipping Record Book are not eligible for Delivery Confirmation service.
Then why is there a box to mark, and stickers in back of the books?

worldwide

Then why is there a box to mark, and stickers in back of the books?

Policies and guidelines change. The UPS service guide contains all the "rules" and policies shippers agree to at the time the package is shipped. Shippers must be on an online system if they want to take advantage of all aspects of the service.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I especially like the Best Buy packages where they put the consignee line 1 as signature required. If there is no other name...ns person RTS. If there is also a name I attempt it but don't treat it any differently than if it hadn't been there.

worldwide