Trump and Air Force One

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Trump once again proved his ignorance this past week when he attacked the new Air Force One project for being too expensive at $4B. For one, the project is currently at $170M, and the aircraft haven't even been built yet, so Trump is lying...again.

Trump's "attack" took place just 30 minutes after Boeing's CEO had openly criticized Trump's foreign trade policies at an economic forum. A coincidence? Hardly, given Trump's proclivity to exact revenge upon anyone who dares criticize him. Very presidential. An emotional outburst designed to threaten Boeing and make himself look like the knight on the proverbial white horse, here to save taxpayers money. No...he's just an idiot.

His ignorance about the plane(s) is astounding. First, there are always two of them, which Trump apparently doesn't even know. Second, they are the most sophisticated aircraft in the world. The last set took two years just to add all of the complex electronics and defense systems onto the 747-200 aircraft involved. They are far beyond a normal 747, being essentially a flying White House, with the ability to fly indefinitely (air-to-air refueling), survive a nuclear war, and defend themselves with anti-missile systems. A Presidential escape pod has long been rumored but never confirmed, along with various other classified capabilities. In other words, this is why they are expensive, but Trump doesn't even know that. The basic 747-8 is just a commercial airliner, so it's pretty obvious (to the informed), that the new Air Force One aircraft will be extremely expensive. Personally, I wish Trump would just keep his personal 757, with zero defensive capability.

To make it worse, Trump then gets on the phone with the Boeing CEO and acts like he is making a business deal to lower the cost. Hello, Donald. Military aircraft (all of them) have to go through a complicated bidding process in order to get approved. Again, Trump doesn't know that the President can't cut side deals.

The current Russian turmoil is just the tip of the iceberg on this maroon, who isn't qualified to pick up my dog's crap.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Trump once again proved his ignorance this past week when he attacked the new Air Force One project for being too expensive at $4B. For one, the project is currently at $170M, and the aircraft haven't even been built yet, so Trump is lying...again.

Trump's "attack" took place just 30 minutes after Boeing's CEO had openly criticized Trump's foreign trade policies at an economic forum. A coincidence? Hardly, given Trump's proclivity to exact revenge upon anyone who dares criticize him. Very presidential. An emotional outburst designed to threaten Boeing and make himself look like the knight on the proverbial white horse, here to save taxpayers money. No...he's just an idiot.

His ignorance about the plane(s) is astounding. First, there are always two of them, which Trump apparently doesn't even know. Second, they are the most sophisticated aircraft in the world. The last set took two years just to add all of the complex electronics and defense systems onto the 747-200 aircraft involved. They are far beyond a normal 747, being essentially a flying White House, with the ability to fly indefinitely (air-to-air refueling), survive a nuclear war, and defend themselves with anti-missile systems. A Presidential escape pod has long been rumored but never confirmed, along with various other classified capabilities. In other words, this is why they are expensive, but Trump doesn't even know that. The basic 747-8 is just a commercial airliner, so it's pretty obvious (to the informed), that the new Air Force One aircraft will be extremely expensive. Personally, I wish Trump would just keep his personal 757, with zero defensive capability.

To make it worse, Trump then gets on the phone with the Boeing CEO and acts like he is making a business deal to lower the cost. Hello, Donald. Military aircraft (all of them) have to go through a complicated bidding process in order to get approved. Again, Trump doesn't know that the President can't cut side deals.

The current Russian turmoil is just the tip of the iceberg on this maroon, who isn't qualified to pick up my dog's crap.
Trump made a twitter rant about it after Boeing's CEO was critical of him. That's really all that needs to be said. It's not news, it's just Trump putting his narcissism on display as usual.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Trump made a twitter rant about it after Boeing's CEO was critical of him. That's really all that needs to be said. It's not news, it's just Trump putting his narcissism on display as usual.

Yes. And Trump's ignorance about the way the Air Force One program operates is obvious. I know more than Trump, and I'm just a civilian. The other thing that is really bothersome is Trump's language regarding Boeing, as if this was just a business deal. The Presidency is not a CEO job, but it's clear Trump views the position as such, which makes him both unsuitable and unqualified.

Air Force "Two" is always flown to an airport (preferably a military base) close to where Air Force One is located. That way, if the first plane is attacked or has a mechanical issue, the President is taken to the stand-by aircraft, which is equipped identically to the first plane.

Trump evidently knows nothing about much of anything except being a celbutard.

newfie

looks like you're reading all the latest liberal press release's to us.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
looks like you're reading all the latest liberal press release's to us.

No, I'm just making the logical deduction that Mr. Trump is ill-informed about the Air Force One program. Boeing just announced the sale of $17B in jets to Iran today, apparently telling the GOP and Trump to shove-it.

I guess the GOP won't want to take the hit for killing 100,000 US jobs directly tied to this sale. My guess is that they'll back down, because it means money and jobs that Trump and the GOP can crow about "creating", even though they've done their level best to kill the jobs through Islamaphobia. Perhaps someone should inform the GOP that all airplanes are worthless unless the manufacturer will sell you the parts needed to maintain and repair them.

Somebody will have to explain all of this to Trump before he either Tweets or says something incredibly stupid. In crayon, in big letters, and repeatedly until he "gets it", which is probably never.

Tuck Frump, and Puck Fence.

newfie

No, I'm just making the logical deduction that Mr. Trump is ill-informed about the Air Force One program. Boeing just announced the sale of $17B in jets to Iran today, apparently telling the GOP and Trump to shove-it.

I guess the GOP won't want to take the hit for killing 100,000 US jobs directly tied to this sale. My guess is that they'll back down, because it means money and jobs that Trump and the GOP can crow about "creating", even though they've done their level best to kill the jobs through Islamaphobia. Perhaps someone should inform the GOP that all airplanes are worthless unless the manufacturer will sell you the parts needed to maintain and repair them.

Somebody will have to explain all of this to Trump before he either Tweets or says something incredibly stupid. In crayon, in big letters, and repeatedly until he "gets it", which is probably never.

Tuck Frump, and Puck Fence.

yea logical conclusions on your democratic talking points. everything you bring up is right off of MSNBC.

Last edited:

Gear

Parts on Order
The government pays way to much for anything and everything. I would assume Boeing is overcharging too. Trump exaggerated the price tag, but he's on the right path.

newfie

The government pays way to much for anything and everything. I would assume Boeing is overcharging too. Trump exaggerated the price tag, but he's on the right path.

yea suddenly Liberals like Fdx are upset when Trump says the government is spending too much

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
yea logical conclusions on your democratic talking points. everything you bring up is right off of MSNBC.

No, I can think for myself. I don't need MSNBC and don't follow it. I don't need an authoritarian despot to think for me. I'm capable of drawing logical conclusions based on solid evidence.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedX...Your team lost because Hilary couldn't connect with Americans outside of 5 or 6 big cities..Get over it and like it!!!

Blue equals intelligent, and red equals stupid. Look at the map of the Electoral College. Blue on the coasts and red in the middle, where corn is smarter than the people.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You make a habit of missing the point.

Tie never gets the point. His type thinks America is analogous to a corporation and that tough guy negotiator Trump is going to back Boeing and every other big corporation into a corner and get the USA "a better deal". Kind of like having your Uncle Don go down to the car lot and dicker for a better deal on that new F150.

Sorry, folks. It doesn't work that way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Why? Because Trump told you so? He doesn't even know what he's talking about, nor does he even have accurate dollar figures. I guess you misunderstand what a President is supposed to do in terms of job duties.

Congratulations, low IQ voters. You've just elected the Fuller Brush Man as your leader.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Why? Because Trump told you so? He doesn't even know what he's talking about, nor does he even have accurate dollar figures. I guess you misunderstand what a President is supposed to do in terms of job duties.

Congratulations, low IQ voters. You've just elected the Fuller Brush Man as your leader.
But the low IQ voters make up the majority of the democratic party .
Let's see if I have this right about job duties.....who gave a speech that killed the Las Vegas Tourism trade ?
who uses AF1 for a NYC date night ?
who let his wife , who has no real official job title , hire 26 assistants ?
who drew a line in the sand against terrorists and then did nothing ?
who is covering up the killing of a black mother while driving with her child in the car for making a wrong turn into the White House's driveway ?

watdaflock?

Tie never gets the point. His type thinks America is analogous to a corporation and that tough guy negotiator Trump is going to back Boeing and every other big corporation into a corner and get the USA "a better deal". Kind of like having your Uncle Don go down to the car lot and dicker for a better deal on that new F150.

Just to help all of the Trump supporters.

a·nal·o·gous
əˈnaləɡəs/
adjective
  1. comparable in certain respects, typically in a way that makes clearer the nature of the things compared.