Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

BrownArmy

his first idiotic goof was to present the first Hillary findings and make the statement that no reasonable prosecuter would take the case. his job is to collect evidence and present it , it is not to pre-emptively speak for the AG and nullify her decision.

I'm not sure you could find a single person who doesn't think Comey shouldn't have been fired.

The timing sucks though, eh?

If Trump had just fired him on day one or two of his Presidency, there would be a hue and cry that would have sublimated...now, the hue and cry isn't going anywhere, mostly thanks to Trumps' bumbling.

I thought this guy was supposed to be the master negotiator?

Slick shark businessman?

Instead, he's so far over his head it's embarrassing.

He's been playing his staff off each other like it's a reality show, all the while dissing the intelligence community the entire time, and he wonders why there are so many leaks.

Guy's an amateur.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
IMG_0154.GIF
I'm not sure you could find a single person who doesn't think Comey shouldn't have been fired.

If Trump had just fired him on day one or two of his Presidency, there would be a hue and cry that would have sublimated...now, the hue and cry isn't going anywhere, mostly thanks to Trumps' bumbling.

Slick shark businessman?

Instead, he's so far over his head it's embarrassing.

He's been playing his staff off each other like it's a reality show, all the while dissing the intelligence community the entire time, and he wonders why there are so many leaks.

Guy's an amateur.

Where's Kelly Ann haven't seen her in awhile
Lmao

oldngray

nowhere special
Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.
Gregg Jarrett: Comey's revenge is a gun without powder

newfie

not much negotiation when you fire someone.

BrownArmy

Under the law, Comey is required to immediately inform the Department of Justice of any attempt to obstruct justice by any person, even the President of the United States. Failure to do so would result in criminal charges against Comey. (18 USC 4 and 28 USC 1361) He would also, upon sufficient proof, lose his license to practice law.

So, if Comey believed Trump attempted to obstruct justice, did he comply with the law by reporting it to the DOJ? If not, it calls into question whether the events occurred as the Times reported it.
Gregg Jarrett: Comey's revenge is a gun without powder

I guess, if you subscribe to the theory that this is Comey's attempt at some sort of blackmail.

That honestly doesn't wash - Comey didn't leak his memo, someone in the FBI did.

Comey is about to be the subject of all sorts of inquiries - believe me, he'll be as clean as he can be. I think Comey's a maroon in terms of how he's handled things so far, but he's got nothing to lose at this point.

And Trump threatens him over Twitter? Was Trump high?

Trump is playing Connect Four, and everyone else has been playing chess.

'Pretty Sneaky Sis!'

oldngray

nowhere special
I guess, if you subscribe to the theory that this is Comey's attempt at some sort of blackmail.

That honestly doesn't wash - Comey didn't leak his memo, someone in the FBI did.

Comey is about to be the subject of all sorts of inquiries - believe me, he'll be as clean as he can be. I think Comey's a maroon in terms of how he's handled things so far, but he's got nothing to lose at this point.

And Trump threatens him over Twitter? Was Trump high?

Trump is playing Connect Four, and everyone else has been playing chess.

'Pretty Sneaky Sis!'

If Comey had a memo that said Trump tried to obstruct an investigation and didn't report it, then yes there is a serious issue for Comey. It doesn't matter who leaked it.

Of course if there is no memo it is just another fake news story.

BrownArmy

If Comey had a memo that said Trump tried to obstruct an investigation and didn't report it, then yes there is a serious issue for Comey. It doesn't matter who leaked it.

Of course if there is no memo it is just another fake news story.

We'll see - subpoenas are being discussed in all quarters.

BrownArmy

If it were a Democrat President with this level of smoke, Republicans would be drafting impeachment documents.

Imagine if HRC had won, kept Comey on, and then fired him several months later - and then a memo was leaked about bla bla bla.

Republican heads would be 'sploding!

moreluck

golden ticket member
If it were a Democrat President with this level of smoke, Republicans would be drafting impeachment documents.

Imagine if HRC had won, kept Comey on, and then fired him several months later - and then a memo was leaked about bla bla bla.

Don't worry Maxine has the impeachment papers ready........

oldngray

nowhere special

vs Democrat heads exploding?

They have been exploding on a daily basis since Trump won the election.

oldngray

nowhere special
Fake news.

According to the Gateway Pundit, after being informed by the WH, Spicer wasn't 'in' the bushes, he was 'among' the bushes.

The Washington Post was forced to issue an apology.

False.

WaPo never apologized. They just quietly changed their story. And admitted Spicer wasn't "hiding".

bbsam

Staff member
Fake news.

According to the Gateway Pundit, after being informed by the WH, Spicer wasn't 'in' the bushes, he was 'among' the bushes.

The Washington Post was forced to issue an apology.
I bet the Washington Post reporter would have been laughing hysterically while being "forced to issue an apology".