Trump fires FBI Director James Comey

oldngray

nowhere special
Comey was too busy playing his own games instead of just doing the job he was supposed to be doing. Past time for him to be replaced.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The term of office for FBI Director is 10 years .
Comey was in his 3 or 4th year .
Per contract he will be paid for the remaining time left .

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was wondering how long this would take.
Not a good move for Hillary ... how about for Trump/Russia?
Where does all these on-going investigations land? DOJ?

BrownArmy

Hilarious.

Special Independent Counsel?

Sooo...Jeff Sessions, who recused himself from the investigation of Trump/Russia, recommendeds firing Comey, who is in charge of the investigation of Trump/Russia?

Sooo...Trump fires Comey for his handling of the Clinton e-mails?

LOLOLOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hilarious.

Special Independent Counsel?

Sooo...Jeff Sessions, who recused himself from the investigation of Trump/Russia, recommendeds firing Comey, who is in charge of the investigation of Trump/Russia?

Sooo...Trump fires Comey for his handling of the Clinton e-mails?

LOLOLOL
Conspiracy nuts will be going ape over this!

BrownArmy

Conspiracy nuts will be going ape over this!

You have to admit, the optics here are poor at best.

I'm not sure you have to a conspiracy nut to be alarmed here.

As an aside, my opinion is that once Republicans can wring everything they can out of Trump, they'll cut and run.

How long can they defend this clown?

BrownArmy

Comey wasn't doing his job and many Democrats also wanted him gone.

Forget about Dems' complaints about Comey, that's irrelevant - you think Trump is doing this for the Dems?

Trump should have fired Comey almost immediately- now it looks like he's slowing the investigation, and anyone he appoints will be suspect.

There's a limit to the 'chaos theory' of being President.

oldngray

nowhere special
Forget about Dems' complaints about Comey, that's irrelevant - you think Trump is doing this for the Dems?

Trump should have fired Comey almost immediately- now it looks like he's slowing the investigation, and anyone he appoints will be suspect.

Agreed Trump should have fired Comey immediately but it wouldn't have mattered to the conspiracy theorists who were already screaming Russia! even before Trump was sworn in.

and Comey has repeatedly said Trump isn't under investigation and there is no evidence of his campaign colluding with Russia.

wkmac

I like the chaos. I think the great thing about Trump is that he is forcing some on both sides of the isle to completely rethink the strong form of the unitary executive theory.