Trump Picks Kavanaugh for SCOTUS (not Hardiman)

BrownArmy

Oh yeah, someone comes on hear and says vicious lies and you say nothing. I defend the guy, and I have seen the lib professors on tv say good things about him, and you are critical. Really, way to go, so enlightened of you.

Trump tells really mundane lies, and he does it all the time.

Big lies, little lies, kind of doesn’t matter.

Which liar are you talking about?

bacha29

your dependency on hand outs has clouded your understanding of our conversation
Your running away from a pertinent question leaves no doubt that you are a UPS employee who has been covered by and benefited from collective bargaining. The trouble with you consercuks is that you don't realize that so many of these and similar laws passed by us evil :censored2:s have been around for so long that you take them for granted. The safety and freshness of the food you ate this AM the safety and reliability of the car you drove to work this morning all came about courtesy of consumer protection laws to which you consercuks never give a moments thought as to what you're life would be like without them.
Now if Kavanaugh is confirmed so question that these and similar laws will be challenged in front of SCOTUS and Kavanaugh will no doubt side with big business and if the lives of the consercuks are negatively impacted they will be the ones hollering the loudest .
Like so many consercuks you too believe that the only good laws are the ones that directly benefit you such as in your case.....collective bargaining.

bacha29

That "knucklehead" is highly praised by liberal professors at Harvard and Yale. He's coauthored an almost 1000 page book that's widely recognized as brilliant on legal precedent including Roe vs Wade as set precedent. Other than just making up stuff about him what else do you have because he's got a huge paper trail for all to see. Teaches law at Harvard, Yale and I think the third is Georgetown. Is on the second highest court in the land and is recognized as the top legal mind in the country outside of the Supreme Court. And if he were a Democrat you'd be salivating.
You're entire interest in Kavanaugh is based entirely on your expressed hope that he will be the swing vote in overturning Roe vs Wade. Perhaps he might but consider this.....42% of all legal abortions are performed on Catholic women and 73% of all legal abortions are performed on women who have stated that they have some sort of religious conviction.
Now instead of you bible thumpers continuing your efforts to use the hammer of law as a way to forcibly impose your religious views on the American people in an attempt to control their behavior in a manner that you are comfortable with ,....why not start with the people who claim to embrace the same convictions?
To do so would be in keeping with the so called "law of God" and if it truly is "the law of God" then why would you need the law of man in the first place?

vantexan

You're entire interest in Kavanaugh is based entirely on your expressed hope that he will be the swing vote in overturning Roe vs Wade. Perhaps he might but consider this.....42% of all legal abortions are performed on Catholic women and 73% of all legal abortions are performed on women who have stated that they have some sort of religious conviction.
Now instead of you bible thumpers continuing your efforts to use the hammer of law as a way to forcibly impose your religious views on the American people in an attempt to control their behavior in a manner that you are comfortable with ,....why not start with the people who claim to embrace the same convictions?
To do so would be in keeping with the so called "law of God" and if it truly is "the law of God" then why would you need the law of man in the first place?
I highly doubt that Roe vs Wade will be overturned because of the ensuing riots. It may be what starts a civil war. As for your stats you've thrown around plenty of B.S. stats in the past so pardon me if I don't believe you. But if it is overturned then thank the good Lord. A 5-4 conservative majority sounds great, but even better would be 7-2 which is a real possibility if Trump is reelected.

vantexan

Your running away from a pertinent question leaves no doubt that you are a UPS employee who has been covered by and benefited from collective bargaining. The trouble with you consercuks is that you don't realize that so many of these and similar laws passed by us evil :censored2:s have been around for so long that you take them for granted. The safety and freshness of the food you ate this AM the safety and reliability of the car you drove to work this morning all came about courtesy of consumer protection laws to which you consercuks never give a moments thought as to what you're life would be like without them.
Now if Kavanaugh is confirmed so question that these and similar laws will be challenged in front of SCOTUS and Kavanaugh will no doubt side with big business and if the lives of the consercuks are negatively impacted they will be the ones hollering the loudest .
Like so many consercuks you too believe that the only good laws are the ones that directly benefit you such as in your case.....collective bargaining.
Typical hyperbole from a left wingnut. No one is going to make cars unsafe, etc because of the political fallout, besides the fact that almost all people are for safe cars, clean water, etc.

bacha29

I highly doubt that Roe vs Wade will be overturned because of the ensuing riots. It may be what starts a civil war. As for your stats you've thrown around plenty of B.S. stats in the past so pardon me if I don't believe you.
Glad to see that you are finally coming to terms with the fact that abortion is a private decision that should be left to the couple and the god they worship and not the one you, I or anyone else worships.

vantexan

Glad to see that you are finally coming to terms with the fact that abortion is a private decision that should be left to the couple and the god they worship and not the one you, I or anyone else worships.
Don't bring God into it, nothing godly about murdering your baby.

bacha29

Typical hyperbole from a left wingnut. No one is going to make cars unsafe, etc because of the political fallout, besides the fact that almost all people are for safe cars, clean water, etc.
"No one is going to make cars unsafe" Well. let's see .....Corvair, Pinto, Bronco etc. yeah those were real safe and lets not forget Firestone tires.

bacha29

Don't bring God into it, nothing godly about murdering your baby.
Why not God? Your passionate objection to abortion is driven entirely by your religious beliefs. It has everything to do with God. Who he is, what he is Trouble is not everyone has the same perception as you do. Too bad you find yourself having to depend on the US system of justice as a means to uphold and enforce your beliefs. If they are as just and righteous as you claim there should be no reason why they can't stand on their own.

vantexan

Why not God? Your passionate objection to abortion is driven entirely by your religious beliefs. It has everything to do with God. Who he is, what he is Trouble is not everyone has the same perception as you do. Too bad you find yourself having to depend on the US system of justice as a means to uphold and enforce your beliefs. If they are as just and righteous as you claim there should be no reason why they can't stand on their own.
Even if you don't believe in God you should be against murder. Want to do away with laws against violence too?

bacha29

And regulations have been put in to stop that. No one is advocating going back to that.
Regulations born out of laws that we passed in the aftermath of innocent people dying. The question how many consumer protection laws will the new hard right court overturn to the benefit of big business?

bacha29

Even if you don't believe in God you should be against murder. Want to do away with laws against violence too?
If abortion in your opinion is murder then what do you believe should be done about it? The pope can't even keep millions of his fellow Catholics from choosing abortion. He's too busy moving his pedofile priests from one parrish to the next before somebody finds out about their sexual molestation of a minor during their previous assignment.

vantexan

If abortion in your opinion is murder then what do you believe should be done about it? The pope can't even keep millions of his fellow Catholics from choosing abortion. He's too busy moving his pedofile priests from one parrish to the next before somebody finds out about their sexual molestation of a minor during their previous assignment.
Nice deflection. If people gave consideration to the consequences they'd be a lot careful but they don't. If their conscience was seared by what they had done they'd be begging people to not do it too. But they aren't. Some maybe. But you act as if I have no right to be against it. For me it will always be murder. If I got a girl pregnant and she didn't want to keep it I would take the baby to raise. If she insisted on an abortion I would fight it in court. We're talking about my child. If people aren't prepared to take care of a child they shouldn't be doing what causes a child. Not hard to figure out.

vantexan

Regulations born out of laws that we passed in the aftermath of innocent people dying. The question how many consumer protection laws will the new hard right court overturn to the benefit of big business?
The laws have to be challenged in court. If such laws are overturned the country will swing to the left and vote in congressmen who'll create laws that'll withstand legal challenges. But it's highly unlikely such laws will be overturned.

bacha29

Nice deflection. If people gave consideration to the consequences they'd be a lot careful but they don't. If their conscience was seared by what they had done they'd be begging people to not do it too. But they aren't. Some maybe. But you act as if I have no right to be against it. For me it will always be murder. If I got a girl pregnant and she didn't want to keep it I would take the baby to raise. If she insisted on an abortion I would fight it in court. We're talking about my child. If people aren't prepared to take care of a child they shouldn't be doing what causes a child. Not hard to figure out.
And once again you're trying to use the hammer of law in an effort to force you view of morality upon people you don't even know. If abortion is something that you and others so bitterly oppose then why are you also opposed to Planned Parenthood ?

vantexan

And once again you're trying to use the hammer of law in an effort to force you view of morality upon people you don't even know. If abortion is something that you and others so bitterly oppose then why are you also opposed to Planned Parenthood ?
Because Planned Parenthood is the single biggest abortion provider in the country. As I've already said, even if you don't believe in God you should believe in the sanctity of human life. You can point to my religious views all you want, but you're killing babies. Indefensible.

newfie

I've earned everything I've ever gotten. Its clear you're proud of you dependence on your government handouts. i'm not sure we'll ever find common ground.

bacha29

I've earned everything I've ever gotten. Its clear you're proud of you dependence on your government handouts. i'm not sure we'll ever find common ground.
You may have "earned" everything you've got but the pay rate you received for what you earned came courtesy of the New Deal legislation called collective bargaining. It gave you the right to organize with your fellow workers and negotiate in good faith thereby leveling the playing field. Do you actually believe that UPS pays you top compensation for your labor that is unskilled and blue collar menial labor simply pick it up here and haul it over there because it requires special skills and higher education? Fedex Ground contractor employees are performing exactly the same task you're doing just as proficiently and productively as you are for about $12-14 an hour all straight time and zero benefits. There's no difference in what they do and what you do. They're covered under Taft Hartley same as you. So what's the difference between you and them that is responsible for the huge pay difference. And don't try to say it's experience because I know some contractor driver employees who have been doing the same menial task for more than 15 years.