Trump Picks Kavanaugh for SCOTUS (not Hardiman)

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Saw that too. Otherwise he's pretty conservative. I honestly doubt they'll overturn Roe vs Wade for the reason it might cause catastrophic rioting.
A lot of people think overturning it would prohibit abortions all together. The decision would just go back to the states like it always should have been.

Yaba Daba Do

Privacy is not a states rights issue.
First let me just start off by saying that a right to privacy is the most nonsensical of all arguements for allowing a person to kill their baby. Abortion was a states rights issue before it went to the Supreme Court and if the court were to overturn the decision it would go back to the states. Abortion would not be outlawed across the country. lawmakers in every state would make their own rules about when, where and under what circumstances women could obtain abortions And there is not a chance that any of the solid liberal states such as California, Washington, New York, etc would ever ban abortion.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
First let me just start off by saying that a right to privacy is the most nonsensical of all arguements for allowing a person to kill their baby.
Because you know better than the supreme Court.... Mkay buddy, sure, lol.

Killing babies is not legal. If you want to call an unviable fetus a baby because it makes your losing argument sound better, more power to you. It's still a losing argument against privacy though.

I respect your opinion and your right to not have an abortion.

Yaba Daba Do

Because you know better than the supreme Court.... Mkay buddy, sure, lol.

Killing babies is not legal. If you want to call an unviable fetus a baby because it makes your losing argument sound better, more power to you. It's still a losing argument against privacy though.

The decision was made by activist judges not people that took the law into account. There is no logical connection between someone’s personal privacy and actions that harm someone other than ones self. None

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well it sounds like you think it is after the first trimester (84 days). Do you think an abortion at say 80 or 83 days is okay but at 85 it is not?
Is a corporation a someone? The Supreme Court has ruled that corporations are “persons” within the meaning of the 14th amendment.
What is this 20 questions?
Do you think you are Socrates?
Why don't you make your point already?

vantexan

By a scientific definition, sperm qualify as "life", so I guess that's a which came first chicken or egg kind of question.
There can be as much as half a billion sperm in a healthy guy's ejaculation. By your reasoning a man commits mass murder every time he ejaculates. That's silly. An independent life is created at the point an egg and a sperm unite. Takes two to tango. Whether the pregnancy can be prevented from going forward at that point is debatable. At the point where the fetus is being dismembered shouldn't be up for debate but sadly it's the law of the land.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
. An independent life is created at the point an egg and a sperm unite. Takes two to tango. Whether the pregnancy can be prevented from going forward at that point is debatable. At the point where the fetus is being dismembered shouldn't be up for debate but sadly it's the law of the land.

Yaba Daba Do

What is this 20 questions?
Do you think you are Socrates?
Why don't you make your point already?
Well we got a little sidetracked. Whether or not abortion is moral or not is a separate issue. The point is that roe v wade is a case that was decided by activist judges with a political agenda. There is nothing in a persons right to privacy that gives them a right to an abortion that is just how they tried to justify the ruling.