Trump Picks Kavanaugh for SCOTUS (not Hardiman)

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Well we got a little sidetracked. Whether or not abortion is moral or not is a separate issue. The point is that roe v wade is a case that was decided by activist judges with a political agenda. There is nothing in a persons right to privacy that gives them a right to an abortion that is just how they tried to justify the ruling.
I respect your wrong opinion.

bacha29

we need a buffer from all the stupid stuff the libs are trying to legislate
Stupid stuff huh? Well let's see.....Social Security, Medicare when you're old, Medicaid when you're in a nursing home and your money's all gone. CHIPS so your kids can get healthcare, LIHEAP to keep them from freezing to death. Reduced and free school lunches so they'll have something to eat, Workman's compensation when you're hurt on the job through no fault of your own. Unemployment compensation when you lose your job through no fault of your own. Public funding support for higher education try to keep college tuition manageable of course it would appear that this doesn't apply to you. Pension laws to try to protect yours so you won't get ripped off. Banking laws such as Dodd Frank to keep lenders in line. Money for the CDC to keep epidemics and pandemics from getting out of control in an effort to keep your corpse from rotting in the street. These laws and programs were passed despite bitter conservative opposition. FEMA to get you in out of the weather if a hurricane blows away your house.....I get what your saying....".stupid" stuff like this....Let's get rid of it.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Stupid stuff huh? Well let's see.....Social Security, Medicare when you're old, Medicaid when you're in a nursing home and your money's all gone. CHIPS so your kids can get healthcare, LIHEAP to keep them from freezing to death. Reduced and free school lunches so they'll have something to eat, Workman's compensation when you're hurt on the job through no fault of your own. Unemployment compensation when you lose your job through no fault of your own. Public funding support for higher education try to keep college tuition manageable of course it would appear that this doesn't apply to you. Pension laws to try to protect yours so you won't get ripped off. Banking laws such as Dodd Frank to keep lenders in line. Money for the CDC to keep epidemics and pandemics from getting out of control in an effort to keep your corpse from rotting in the street. These laws and programs were passed despite bitter conservative opposition. FEMA to get you in out of the weather if a hurricane blows away your house.....I get what your saying....".stupid" stuff like this....Let's get rid of it.
Winner!!!
Finally, a real American!

newfie

Social Security, Medicare when you're old, - paid for by me for over 45 years.

CHIPS so your kids can get healthcare, - paid for by my hard work at my job

Reduced and free school lunches so they'll have something to eat, - who? I always fed my kids

Workman's compensation when you're hurt on the job through no fault of your own. - never collected it . worked hurt a lot. paid for by my tax dollars for others to use.

Public funding support for higher education try to keep college tuition manageable - paid for by my tax dollars

Pension laws to try to protect yours so you won't get ripped off. - ups always had a great plan before those laws were enacted

Banking laws such as Dodd Frank to keep lenders in line. - must be why i can earn a whole 1 percent on my savings account?

FEMA to get you in out of the weather if a hurricane blows away your house. - paid for by my tax dollars

you're not doing too good here . can we just cut out the middle man government and let me decide how i spend my money?

It will be fine

Have the Libs forgot about his confirmation.
I guess they've given up.
Kavanaugh talked with Manchin today ... Manchin's voting for Kavanaugh
Probably just digging through his thousands of arguments to find the best ones to hang him on. Seems like a political waffler to me, changes his opinion based on politics. Not ideal for the high court.

bacha29

Social Security, Medicare when you're old, - paid for by me for over 45 years.

CHIPS so your kids can get healthcare, - paid for by my hard work at my job

Reduced and free school lunches so they'll have something to eat, - who? I always fed my kids

Workman's compensation when you're hurt on the job through no fault of your own. - never collected it . worked hurt a lot. paid for by my tax dollars for others to use.

Public funding support for higher education try to keep college tuition manageable - paid for by my tax dollars

Pension laws to try to protect yours so you won't get ripped off. - ups always had a great plan before those laws were enacted

Banking laws such as Dodd Frank to keep lenders in line. - must be why i can earn a whole 1 percent on my savings account?

FEMA to get you in out of the weather if a hurricane blows away your house. - paid for by my tax dollars

you're not doing too good here . can we just cut out the middle man government and let me decide how i spend my money?
Typical consercuk alright. You want those services when they are of benefit to you......paying for them is someone else's problem. BTW Dodd Frank was enacted in the aftermath of the repeal of Glass Steagall which is widely recognized as a major driver of the Bush Depression. If you want rid of those programs that's fine but I noticed that said nothing about Medicaid but we'll get rid of that along with collective bargaining as well....then we'll see how much UPS is willing to pay for your labor because without collective bargaining they hold all the cards and since you are an at will employee they can get rid of you for any reason and they're won't be a damn thing you can do about it because without collective bargaining your value to UPS would be far far less than you currently have yourself believing it is because there's plenty more where you came from, ready and willing to the job for one hell of a lot less than what you're currently being paid.

bacha29

Probably just digging through his thousands of arguments to find the best ones to hang him on. Seems like a political waffler to me, changes his opinion based on politics. Not ideal for the high court.
When he was a legal secretary for the Bush administration Kavanugh wrote a legal paper strongly urging Congress to pass a law whereby due to the heavy responsibilities of the office a president cannot be indicted for any crime whole holding the office. Of course they should pass such a law. After all the president cannot be distracted by such insignificant charges such as perjury, conspiracy bank fraud money laundering, tax evasion oh and don't forget war crimes.
And this knucklehead has been nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court.

newfie

Typical consercuk alright. You want those services when they are of benefit to you......paying for them is someone else's problem. BTW Dodd Frank was enacted in the aftermath of the repeal of Glass Steagall which is widely recognized as a major driver of the Bush Depression. If you want rid of those programs that's fine but I noticed that said nothing about Medicaid but we'll get rid of that along with collective bargaining as well....then we'll see how much UPS is willing to pay for your labor because without collective bargaining they hold all the cards and since you are an at will employee they can get rid of you for any reason and they're won't be a damn thing you can do about it because without collective bargaining your value to UPS would be far far less than you currently have yourself believing it is because there's plenty more where you came from, ready and willing to the job for one hell of a lot less than what you're currently being paid.

Its clear you need all the government help and union protection you can get. I have never needed either .

vantexan

When he was a legal secretary for the Bush administration Kavanugh wrote a legal paper strongly urging Congress to pass a law whereby due to the heavy responsibilities of the office a president cannot be indicted for any crime whole holding the office. Of course they should pass such a law. After all the president cannot be distracted by such insignificant charges such as perjury, conspiracy bank fraud money laundering, tax evasion oh and don't forget war crimes.
And this knucklehead has been nominated for a seat on the Supreme Court.
That "knucklehead" is highly praised by liberal professors at Harvard and Yale. He's coauthored an almost 1000 page book that's widely recognized as brilliant on legal precedent including Roe vs Wade as set precedent. Other than just making up stuff about him what else do you have because he's got a huge paper trail for all to see. Teaches law at Harvard, Yale and I think the third is Georgetown. Is on the second highest court in the land and is recognized as the top legal mind in the country outside of the Supreme Court. And if he were a Democrat you'd be salivating.

BrownArmy

That "knucklehead" is highly praised by liberal professors at Harvard and Yale. He's coauthored an almost 1000 page book that's widely recognized as brilliant on legal precedent including Roe vs Wade as set precedent. Other than just making up stuff about him what else do you have because he's got a huge paper trail for all to see. Teaches law at Harvard, Yale and I think the third is Georgetown. Is on the second highest court in the land and is recognized as the top legal mind in the country outside of the Supreme Court. And if he were a Democrat you'd be salivating.

You’re just regurgitating BS, it’s boring.

vantexan

You’re just regurgitating BS, it’s boring.
Oh yeah, someone comes on hear and says vicious lies and you say nothing. I defend the guy, and I have seen the lib professors on tv say good things about him, and you are critical. Really, way to go, so enlightened of you.