Trump's First 100 Days

bbsam

Staff member
Since the electoral college has yet to vote, I'm still not 100% convinced Trump will be president.
If the electoral college didn't choose Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if we would see a revolution of some sort.
So, assuming he is sworn in, we're essentially looking at two, maybe three, possible scenarios.
The first (ideal) scenario is the republicans back him 100% and he gets most of his agenda through.
The second and more likely scenario, he'll get some support from the republicans and will have to broker some deals with support from the democrats. This likely would be best for America. But, it will cost Trump a lot of support from the voters.
The third is doom and gloom for Trump where the establishment from both parties work together to conspire against his agenda. And, IMHO, in this scenario, we all lose.
My guess is a mix of 2 and 3. Obama's first term began with control of both House and Senate. Although he succeeded in getting Obamacare, it wasn't easy and Republicans famously dug in against him. You can expect he same in return from Democrats.

Not sure why you think 1 would be best. We didn't elect a dictator.

Last edited:

brett636

I began to read the original post in this thread and realized where it was heading so I have some recommended reading for Mr. Fedex and his Nazi regime rantings.

62836148_zpsfmr0qwb5.jpg

BrownArmy

I began to read the original post in this thread and realized where it was heading so I have some recommended reading for Mr. Fedex and his Nazi regime rantings.

Can't deny the parallels....

Seriously though, someone like Berlusconi is a better comparison.

brett636

Can't deny the parallels....

Seriously though, someone like Berlusconi is a better comparison.

I think nearly every head of state in the world will have some quality about them that mirrors Hitler as he was elected into power which required the support of the German people. To infer that Trump or any recent President is on the pathway to justifying mass murder and genocide is beyond tin foil hat crazy IMHO. The left tried comparing GW Bush to Hitler, then some on the right were trying to say the same of Obama, now that we will have a President Trump it has swung back again. Its all pointless speculation that does nothing to make this country great again.

BrownArmy

I think nearly every head of state in the world will have some quality about them that mirrors Hitler as he was elected into power which required the support of the German people. To infer that Trump or any recent President is on the pathway to justifying mass murder and genocide is beyond tin foil hat crazy IMHO. The left tried comparing GW Bush to Hitler, then some on the right were trying to say the same of Obama, now that we will have a President Trump it has swung back again. Its all pointless speculation that does nothing to make this country great again.

Agreed, but no one starts their platform with mass murder and genocide, you work up to that.

[emoji6]

HBGPreloader

So how many broken campaign promises will it take to make a difference?
The guy isn't even in office yet and everyone on the left is freaking out.
As far as I'm concerned, if Trump just repeals most of obama's executive orders relating to immigration, he has done his job.
Since he still has to deal with an obstructionist congress, anything else would just be a bonus.

newfie

The guy isn't even in office yet and everyone on the left is freaking out.
As far as I'm concerned, if Trump just repeals most of obama's executive orders relating to immigration, he has done his job.
Since he still has to deal with an obstructionist congress, anything else would just be a bonus.

what amazes me is all the liberals who apparently have been attending the secret meetings in Trump Towers and are able to tell us exactly who trump will appoint and what he will do with his policies.

HBGPreloader

It has nothing to do with knowing how much they pay in taxes.

Releasing tax returns is supposed to show that the candidate is responsible with their finances.
LOL, it's merely political fodder for the opposing party or candidate - especially when the opposing candidate runs an international money laundering operation disguised as an alleged charitable foundation, perhaps, to hide much of her wealth.

To the best of my knowledge, the only required financial document required to run for president is the candidate's personal financial disclosure form as required by the FEC.

You can view Trump's here...
Here is Donald Trump's latest personal financial disclosure

And, clinton's is available here...
Hillary Clinton's personal financial disclosure

If you or anyone else doesn't like these rules, you are more than welcome petition your representative to change the rules/law.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I don't care whether or not republicans care about Trump's tax returns.

He said he will release them, so I expect him to release them. People should do the things they say they will do, end of story.