Trump's First 100 Days

newfie

I'm sure that is what Trump believes. That the fight is over, he won, and they all have to do what he says.

You do see how wrong that is going to prove, don't you ?

The key point is he has to prove himself wrong. He upset a shoe-in for the job after beating 19 other candidates that most people thought were easily more qualified then Trump.

There is no president more powerful then the one in his first six months of presidency. For now they do have to do what he says.

The belief is that trump will eventually hang himself so they will try to give him all the rope he asks for.

His power will eventually erode no matter how successful he is. Your greatest presidents in history struggled in their second terms. Its not a job where power has a long shelf life.

newfie

He has no authority to exercise his power at this point.
Think about it ... power and authority are the two necessary components to enact desires.

you're hanging onto semantics . Your right he does not have the legal authority yet. He has the power of the party and his voters in every other way. Now go take your meds.

P

pickup

Breaking News : Scott Baio has been named the Secretary of Cool.

More updates forthcoming as warranted.

watdaflock?

I don't see mention of building a wall. We want a damn wall !
I want a wall across our Canadian border, before the mounties invade.

p3rcmpTV.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Are you saying he won't fulfill his promise to release his tax return when the IRS audit is completed?" (dido)

I really don't care whether he does or doesn't. It's over now......move on.

HBGPreloader

Since the electoral college has yet to vote, I'm still not 100% convinced Trump will be president.
If the electoral college didn't choose Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if we would see a revolution of some sort.
So, assuming he is sworn in, we're essentially looking at two, maybe three, possible scenarios.
The first (ideal) scenario is the republicans back him 100% and he gets most of his agenda through.
The second and more likely scenario, he'll get some support from the republicans and will have to broker some deals with support from the democrats. This likely would be best for America. But, it will cost Trump a lot of support from the voters.
The third is doom and gloom for Trump where the establishment from both parties work together to conspire against his agenda. And, IMHO, in this scenario, we all lose.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The third is doom and gloom for Trump where the establishment from both parties work together to conspire against his agenda. And, IMHO, in this scenario, we all lose.

He could always improve his golf game .
But I think he'll let the reporters actually see him play .