Trump's secret police in Portland

vantexan

I don't know who to Shake My Head at ... rickyb or the people that argue with him! LOL
Justa SMH!
I find it a look into the minds of people who think rioting in the street is a good thing. You'd have to think like rickyb to join a group like Antifa. It's almost as fun as watching people get bent out of shape over who others debate with. ;)

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I find it a look into the minds of people who think rioting in the street is a good thing. You'd have to think like rickyb to join a group like Antifa. It's almost as fun as watching people get bent out of shape over who others debate with. ;)
I still say @rickyb is trolling everyone.
No one can be that consistently goofy and witless.
That's why I don't bother reading his posts normally ... he's just trolling like another Canadian @klein use to.

rickyb

Banned
It's funny because your communist blather feels serious to you but sounds really silly to everyone else.
i know. but thats americas problem not mine. you guys think you know everything about economics, and yet you have low unionization rates, big business crimes, are the biggest debtor nation, etc etc.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I don't know who to Shake My Head at ... rickyb or the people that argue with him! LOL
Justa SMH!

I don't look at is as arguing, just having a dialogue. @rickyb strikes me as being sincere, and we actually agree on what a lot of the problems are, if not always on definitions, and almost never on solutions. I enjoy getting to understand another perspective, and help inform myself on how to counter some of these non-sensical proclamations. I doubt I'll ever get through to him, but maybe it'll help others.

Box Ox

i know. but thats americas problem not mine. you guys think you know everything about economics, and yet you have low unionization rates, big business crimes, are the biggest debtor nation, etc etc.

You just throw words together to make it sound like you might actually be knowledgeable about something. But you're not. Your act is paper thin and completely transparent.

rickyb

Banned
I don't look at is as arguing, just having a dialogue. @rickyb strikes me as being sincere, and we actually agree on what a lot of the problems are, if not always on definitions, and almost never on solutions. I enjoy getting to understand another perspective, and help inform myself on how to counter some of these non-sensical proclamations. I doubt I'll ever get through to him, but maybe it'll help others.
i study and i like to go on here and talk politics when im not

vantexan

And we're in no more of a position to change all of that than you are. Where you make a mistake is assuming we're all in lockstep with everything that goes on. But there are some laws of economics that are impossible to get around. We don't want to end up in misery like they are or have been in numerous countries. People get caught up in ideas of social justice and saving the planet. They don't realize or refuse to accept they are being manipulated by others with dreams of power and control. We like the freedom of choice in the United States, the ability to make with effort a life we are happy with, and don't want that taken away. And there are Americans who get off on power trips and control and would buy in to an authoritarian system that gives them that.

rickyb

Banned
And we're in no more of a position to change all of that than you are. Where you make a mistake is assuming we're all in lockstep with everything that goes on. But there are some laws of economics that are impossible to get around. We don't want to end up in misery like they are or have been in numerous countries. People get caught up in ideas of social justice and saving the planet. They don't realize or refuse to accept they are being manipulated by others with dreams of power and control. We like the freedom of choice in the United States, the ability to make with effort a life we are happy with, and don't want that taken away. And there are Americans who get off on power trips and control and would buy in to an authoritarian system that gives them that.
i would argue you are not happy. not absolutely but the misery is widespread at this point. i think people are suffering generally in the west, but probably more so in america than some other developed countries. at least in america you can print your own currency and run deficits unlike many EU countries. actually you are in a position to change it more so than a dictatorship, because you are relatively less enslaved than say thai people are or china. theres manipulation either way.

vantexan

i would argue you are not happy. not absolutely but the misery is widespread at this point. i think people are suffering generally in the west, but probably more so in america than some other developed countries. at least in america you can print your own currency and run deficits unlike many EU countries. actually you are in a position to change it more so than a dictatorship, because you are relatively less enslaved than say thai people are or china. theres manipulation either way.
One man, one vote.

vantexan

And the local control freak just checked in with a smiley face. @It will be fine