Trying to find a full time position

I wish I could be...but me being a driver nooo. Can't imagine driving the truck.
...and yes it would be nice if UPS had supervisors that actually really care about the drivers and the company not just their paychecks and bonuses!
Sorry to tell you but you're living and Fantasyland if you think that's what this place is.

Tina65

It sounds like you got skills and knowledge it's better than this place .
In the hub that I worked at they were hiring for on road supervisor. I knew some hard working drivers that applied for the position (they been with the company for 12years) guess who got the position?A 26 year old girl that started at UPS a year ago....ofc just because she knew someone...

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
In the hub that I worked at they were hiring for on road supervisor. I knew some hard working drivers that applied for the position (they been with the company for 12years) guess who got the position?A 26 year old girl that started at UPS a year ago....ofc just because she knew someone...
Don't hate the player...

Or the game.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Hot?

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger
26 year old girl? You mean woman.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You think about checking out Amazon??? If you can get into an office position it might pay more than anything this company could pay you. I would stay away from any fulfillment job at Amazon though.

PPH_over_9000

"Because she knew someone???" Whaddya mean? Now, I had a chance to meet this young lady and she's just a straight-shooter with upper management written all over her.

Best of luck in your search! The only advice I have is to start hourly and work your way up. Can take quite a while, though, especially if you don't know how bids and seniority work, and the difference between bidding a union position and being "promoted" out of the union to management.

Last edited:

Tina65

"Because she knew someone???" Whaddya mean? Now, I had a chance to meet this young lady and she's just a straight-shooter with upper management written all over her.

Best of luck in your search! The only advice I have is to start hourly and work your way up. Can take quite a while, though, especially if you don't know how bids and seniority work, and the difference between bidding a union position and being "promoted" out of the union to management.
Hmm not sure which lady you are talking about
Ah also she had no seniority

PPH_over_9000

Hmm not sure which lady you are talking about
Ah also she had no seniority

We're both talking about the same lady, Tina.

Seniority doesn't matter when you take a job that requires you to leave the union. It basically comes down to two questions: 1. Does management like you? and B. Does anyone in management hate you?

After that preliminary round of eliminations, they start to worry about whether a candidate is qualified and capable of performing their job duties. Truthfully, though, it sometimes seems like they only worry about the prelim' and skip straight to "You're hired!" when they've got the candidate they want.

Tina65

We're both talking about the same lady, Tina.

Seniority doesn't matter when you take a job that requires you to leave the union. It basically comes down to two questions: 1. Does management like you? and B. Does anyone in management hate you?

After that preliminary round of eliminations, they start to worry about whether a candidate is qualified and capable of performing their job duties. Truthfully, though, it sometimes seems like they only worry about the prelim' and skip straight to "You're hired!" when they've got the candidate they want.
There is a lot of ladies...
Ah yes yes complety makes sense....promote a new person and worry later if they are capable of performing their job duties
Ah and the drivers who work their ass off that also applied...well screw them right. Who cares
No chance of being prompted because it's all about favouritism...disgousting

trickpony1

There is a lot of ladies...
Ah yes yes complety makes sense....promote a new person and worry later if they are capable of performing their job duties
Ah and the drivers who work their ass off that also applied...well screw them right. Who cares
No chance of being prompted because it's all about favouritism...disgousting
Not necessarily.
A lesbian, degreed, black woman could have the world handed to her on a silver platter.

Minority helping.