TS Sandy

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dummies, maybe maybe not. Who are you to judge, were you there?

Either way, they shouldn't be bossed around by "authorities". That's silly. ;p

When I was stationed in Texas there was a tornado warning for the base. I put the kids in the center of the house with a mattress over them and then went outside with my camcorder. The first tornado came down, went back up and dissipated. A second one came down and tore through a local trailer park. I had never seen a tornado and was awe struck by the sheer power of the storm.

There is something about weather-related disasters that brings out the spectator in us. The key is knowing when to take shelter.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Saw an odd sight today.
Looking out onto the ocean from my favorite spot and seeing nothing.
Not a single boat on a mooring, nor any for miles around .

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
When I was stationed in Texas there was a tornado warning for the base. I put the kids in the center of the house with a mattress over them and then went outside with my camcorder. The first tornado came down, went back up and dissipated. A second one came down and tore through a local trailer park. I had never seen a tornado and was awe struck by the sheer power of the storm.

There is something about weather-related disasters that brings out the spectator in us. The key is knowing when to take shelter.

Yep my uncle and I already have plans to chase tornadoes after he retires. Weather has always amazed me meteorologist was the only thing I ever wanted to go to school for.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've been reading things like worse than Katrina and upwards of 100 billion in damage. This is going to be one special weather event.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Babagounj, I was just hanging out with the WBZ live crew on the Cape. Water is up pretty high for 2.5 hours after high tide, vineyard sound.

Head for higher ground.
3-6 ft surges come next tide.
The low tide will be shorter since most of the blow will still be forcing water onshore.
Wait until this blows over and search the exposed beaches for buried treasures.

over9five

Staff member
<Yawn> Not even windy here. Seems the Boston meteorologists have the whole state shut down AGAIN for nothing.
Just like Irene.

moreluck

golden ticket member
sent-550x513.jpg

menotyou

bella amicizia
We were spared of the worst of it here. I assume Chatty Cathy lost power as she has yet to post today. I guess behind every dark cloud there is a silver lining.
I see you have power. Too bad. And, how does one get on your ignore list??? Why do you seem to care when I here and when I am not? Put me on ignore and, at least, I won't have to deal with your crap.

moreluck

golden ticket member
[h=2]White House Propaganda Pic Shows Dear Leader Dealing With Hurricane Sandy In Situation Room…[/h]Do they have a pic of Obama in the situation room letting Americans die in Benghazi during the terror attack? Probably, but they won’t be releasing that one.
8135791006_7be49e4bbe_z-550x366.jpg

President Barack Obama receives an update on the ongoing response to Hurricane Sandy, in the Situation Room of the White House, Oct. 29 2012. Participating via teleconference, clockwise from top left, are: Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano; FEMA Administrator Craig Fugate; Rick Knabb, Director of the National Hurricane Center; Secretary of Transportation Ray LaHood; and Secretary of Energy Steven Chu. Pictured, from left, are: Clark Stevens, Assistant Press Secretary; Emmett Beliveau, Director of the Office of the Chief of Staff; John Brennan, Assistant to the President for Homeland Security and Counterterrorism;

Richard Reed, Deputy Assistant to the President for Homeland Security; Chuck Donnell, Senior Director for Resilience; Asha Tribble, Senior Director for Response; Chief of Staff Jack Lew; Alyssa Mastromonaco, Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations; Press Secretary Jay Carney; and David Agnew, Director for Intergovernmental Affairs. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza)