TS Sandy

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hydro employees and trucks from Canada (BC, Quebec, NS, ON, PEI) all rolling into NY and NJ to help rebuild the power system.
Also Canada Red Cross heading south.
If the power workers are non union, Jersey will throw them out!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
obama-vs-sandy.jpg

moreluck

golden ticket member
There was talk of relief at the pump for New York & New Jersey.............what difference does it make if there is no power to pump the gas??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There was talk of relief at the pump for New York & New Jersey.............what difference does it make if there is no power to pump the gas??

I find it amusing that you continually comment on a situation that in no way involves you. You are 3,000 miles away from where the storm hit. You have no idea, other that what you read online, about the progess being made there on a daily basis or the struggles to try to return to a sense of normalcy. I also have no idea which is why I have chosen not to comment.

Don't you think a "I pray for the safety and well-being of those impacted by Superstorm Sandy" would suffice? Do you really have to provide daily "updates" based on second-hand information with the sole intent of discrediting the President? Is your life really that empty that you have to spend endless hours scouring the Internet for "information" which has little to no impact on your daily life?

Give us all a break. We know that the storm was a terrible tragedy and that it is taking more time than expected to return to normalcy. We don't need to be reminded of it on a daily basis, especially since your only intent is to discredit the President.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some people actually care what's going on. Others hide their heads in the sand and think Mr. O. took care of everything.
Everything isn't OK.

Now, the people wihout power are going to be even colder.

You have to ask yourself.....how can things be so readily attainable for an event (marathon) but not for the lives of people????

People in charge need to be held accoutable. If you think it's just discrediting poiticians, then fine, don't inhale too much of that sand !!!

Obama chooses to sing with Springsteen instead of actually doing his job and following up on his promises.

Americans are affected !! Americans !!!!!!!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
"that it is taking more time than expected to return to normalcy"

Some spots will never be .

All the homes washed off their foundations will have to be crushed .

All new structures will have to be built on pilings { to not restrict the natural flow of the water }. And this can only be done after all new road works , power cables & water/sewer pipes are installed.

This will be going on for years .

Some spots will never be allowed to be reclaimed.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Rockaways will need to be re-named the Walkaways pretty soon !! That's how it is with FEMA or any help.....they just walkaway.

moreluck

golden ticket member

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some of the FEMA offices in N.Y. have signs on the door readig......."Offices closed due to weather."

My Heroes !!!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Good!!! He got called on the carpet!!! Someone should fire his ass sometime. Idiot!!

Tingles Forced To Apologize For Saying “I’m So Glad We Had That Storm Last Week”…
His man-love for Obama got the best of him.

Via Newsbusters:
CHRIS MATTHEWS: But I can’t begin our usual political discussion tonight without a strong, sad personal note. I was on last night for ten hours straight from five in the evening till three in the morning. At a few minutes to three I said something terrible. I said that I was glad about the coming of tropical storm Sandy because of its impact on this national campaign. It was a terrible thing to say period.

I could say it was because I was tired, but the fact is I wasn’t thinking of the horrible mess this storm has made of people’s real lives up here in New York and elsewhere. It’s not till you read the local newspapers around here that you see and know the horror this has wreaked on people’s lives, in fact very good people’s lives.