Tucson Shooting !

Returntosender

What's wrong with Arizona? I would'nt be surprised if this shooting esclates to even more political shootings. The country is already divided, all that is needed is the emotioal triggers that will lead to more shootings "The Emporer's has no clothes"

bbsam

Staff member
not so sure,,,, he was accused of being a left wing liberal also.... does it really matter? Or do you really believe that only tea baggers or Palin supporters can do these things? can you not simply say the dude was wrong regardless of party affiliation?
Absolutley it matters. Any side/coalition that has members thinking this is ok needs to step up and reign in their thugs. And yes I can say he was just wrong regardless of party affiliation but do you think it should be ignored? Seems everyone on this thread before I mentioned anything couldn't get past Klein.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Everything I've seen so far indicates that the guy had serious mental problems, not political problems.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Absolutley it matters. Any side/coalition that has members thinking this is ok needs to step up and reign in their thugs. And yes I can say he was just wrong regardless of party affiliation but do you think it should be ignored? Seems everyone on this thread before I mentioned anything couldn't get past Klein.[/QUOTE]

You know why...but let me remind what you and your Buddy Klein said in the Arizona thread:

No need to go that far, just a visit to the local Safeway in Tucson is good enough.

12 people shot, 1 of them democrat congress woman Gabrielle Giffords

Probably those damn illegals again.

Doubt that, I think Giffords and her staff were the target (not much told yet), but if that's the case, then it's a redneck Tea Party activist gone wild !

Now why would someone say that...maybe they wanted some attention?

bbsam

Staff member
Absolutley it matters. Any side/coalition that has members thinking this is ok needs to step up and reign in their thugs. And yes I can say he was just wrong regardless of party affiliation but do you think it should be ignored? Seems everyone on this thread before I mentioned anything couldn't get past Klein.[/QUOTE]

You know why...but let me remind what you and your Buddy Klein said in the Arizona thread:LOL. Yep it's still all about me and Klein, eh? Still nothing about the shooter? Can't get to the subject because you're too busy being defensive of that which you don't feel needs to be defended? C'mon Lue. Let's get passed the politics that may not even have anything to do with the case and say that this was flat out wrong in America and that this senseless violence needs to end. Can we get to that point? Or is the thread going to remain about me and Klein? I'm opening the door right now because we weren't gonna get there any other way, were we?

Now why would someone say that...maybe they wanted some attention?

moreluck

golden ticket member
You want something about the shooter? He's a nutcase by anyone's standards !! It said he was a nut about grammar.........hmmmmmmm!

bbsam

Staff member
You want something about the shooter? He's a nutcase by anyone's standards !! It said he was a nut about grammar.........hmmmmmmm!

Very good Moreluck! Gold star for you to go with your golden ticket to see the gold standard edition of the Broadway showing of "The Golden Girls".:happy-very:

bbsam;797085/QUOTE said:
LOL. Yep it's still all about me and Klein, eh? Still nothing about the shooter? Can't get to the subject because you're too busy being defensive of that which you don't feel needs to be defended? C'mon Lue. Let's get passed the politics that may not even have anything to do with the case and say that this was flat out wrong in America and that this senseless violence needs to end. Can we get to that point? Or is the thread going to remain about me and Klein? I'm opening the door right now because we weren't gonna get there any other way, were we?
Sure looks like Klein is the one that brought politics into the discussion and you tried to muddle it up with the "illegal" twist ( I suspect you were trying to be funny....fail..)
Point is, if you want to keep the thread away form you or klien, keep your comments about the subject.

with that said

unless more information has come out that I am unaware of, this is one sick fellow that was out of control. His political affiliation is irrelevant. No reason to believe that the Tea Party had anything to do with it. In speaking of party affiliation You also said :
Absolutley it matters. Any side/coalition that has members thinking this is ok needs to step up and reign in their thugs.
, implying that the this guy was a Tea Party tug. Do you seriously think the TP had a damn thing to do with this?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Heard that the 9 yr. old girl that was killed was born on 9-11-01. She went to the event with a neighbor because the little girl was interested in politics in school. The neighbor was also shot....4x and is expected to recover. Tell the important people in your life that you love them, because you just never know...

bbsam

Staff member
Sure looks like Klein is the one that brought politics into the discussion and you tried to muddle it up with the "illegal" twist ( I suspect you were trying to be funny....fail..)
Point is, if you want to keep the thread away form you or klien, keep your comments about the subject.

with that said

unless more information has come out that I am unaware of, this is one sick fellow that was out of control. His political affiliation is irrelevant. No reason to believe that the Tea Party had anything to do with it. In speaking of party affiliation You also said : , implying that the this guy was a Tea Party tug. Do you seriously think the TP had a damn thing to do with this?
No. I don't believe the TP had a damn thing to do with this. But that doesn't make their silence on it's condemnation any less intriguing after using cross-hair maps and campaign slogans like "don't retreat, reload". In such context, the silence is damning.

No. I don't believe the TP had a damn thing to do with this. But that doesn't make their silence on it's condemnation any less intriguing after using cross-hair maps and campaign slogans like "don't retreat, reload". In such context, the silence is damning.
Well it took a while to get that out of you. Now that you've given up, I will too. I think this is a deplorable event and should never have happened. I feel terrible (and have since I heard the first report) for the victims and their families. I also feel bad for all the citizens in Tucson that have enough to worry about with out some sicko running around with a loaded gun.

Now, if you are wanting me to condemn the Tea Party movement for using euphemisms such as "don't retreat, reload" and maps with cross hairs on them, it aint gonna happen. No one in their right mind would take those statements as a call to violence. IF this shooter teed off on these (as far as I know there is no proof of that) then we need to push for stronger laws on wording and phrases for all public statements, huh. Can anyone say 1st Amendment?

tieguy

Banned
Heard that the 9 yr. old girl that was killed was born on 9-11-01. She went to the event with a neighbor because the little girl was interested in politics in school. The neighbor was also shot....4x and is expected to recover. Tell the important people in your life that you love them, because you just never know...

Christina taylor green daughter of a dodger scout, grand daughter of Dallas Green. As tragic as this is already the babies tear me up.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/dodgers/2011/01/dodgers-mccourt-giffords-green-tucson-shooting.html

bbsam

Staff member
Well it took a while to get that out of you. Now that you've given up, I will too. I think this is a deplorable event and should never have happened. I feel terrible (and have since I heard the first report) for the victims and their families. I also feel bad for all the citizens in Tucson that have enough to worry about with out some sicko running around with a loaded gun.

Now, if you are wanting me to condemn the Tea Party movement for using euphemisms such as "don't retreat, reload" and maps with cross hairs on them, it aint gonna happen. No one in their right mind would take those statements as a call to violence. IF this shooter teed off on these (as far as I know there is no proof of that) then we need to push for stronger laws on wording and phrases for all public statements, huh. Can anyone say 1st Amendment?

Again. I do not wish to sensor the speech of the TP. It is their silence that follows this event that raises my eye brows. Not looking to stifle 1st Ammendment, wondering why Sarah Palin isn't out there front and center excercising that right by condemning this idiot. And talk about taking a while to get around to something, still took you longer.:wink2: But that's how it is anymore, isn't it? Can't show any perceived back down regardless of the obvious.

over9five

Staff member
Again. I do not wish to sensor the speech of the TP. It is their silence that follows this event that raises my eye brows. Not looking to stifle 1st Ammendment, wondering why Sarah Palin isn't out there front and center excercising that right by condemning this idiot. And talk about taking a while to get around to something, still took you longer.:wink2: But that's how it is anymore, isn't it? Can't show any perceived back down regardless of the obvious.

"My sincere condolences are offered to the family of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords and the other victims of today's tragic shooting in Arizona.
On behalf of Todd and my family, we all pray for the victims and their families, and for peace and justice."

- Sarah Palin

Yesterday at 3PM. So why are you implying she's ignoring this?

curiousbrain

The whole thing is, frankly, disgusting. The shooting, especially; and to anyone who tries to politicize it, I say "Have you left no sense of decency?"

moreluck

golden ticket member
The shooter is all lawyered up and will probably get off on an insanity plea, but will never see grass again, I hope.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Gretchen Carlson interviewed the mom of the 9 yr. old girl that was killed. It was over the phone. The mother was remarkably strong and Gretchen could barely hold it together.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Yes just heard it, heartbreaking.
This had nothing to do with illegals, this had nothing to do with politics it had to do with a nut case.
sOMETIMES THATS JUST ALL IT IS NO MORE.
My thoughts and prayers are with the injured and dead. No matter their race, creed, or affiliations. They were victims.

wkmac

Everything I've seen so far indicates that the guy had serious mental problems, not political problems.

Just saw this and it seems at the moment it's really unclear where this kid was at or what his "political" motivations might have been. If he was tea party as some suggest, it's also been stated that he posted on Daily Kos and not as an antagonist either. From his FaceBook, a rough BIO shows of his favorite books which are all over the map, 2 of them are Mein Kampf and The Communist Manifesto so one then might argue the kid is just an extreme authoritarian as both bodies of work are roadmaps to such. Was he reading the various dystopian sci-fi works as "how too" manuals?

I even read that his real target was in fact the judge and it was because the judge had ruled the gun background check unconstitutional. Where does that place this kid if this turns out to be true? This kid was all over the map so to ascribe a political motive for a political purpose at this point just seems to me to be way to early but the mental observation would seem for now to hold water.

I'll condemn the actions of this kid Hoax regardless of his motive and not even knowing them at this time. On the one hand I'll condemn on the grounds of non-violence principles but I'll also condemn it because the state is nothing more that a brute thug (that goes for any non voluntary state) and any violence against it is nothing but an excuse for the state to further spread it's net of violence against what little still remains of the free society we once at least thought we were.

:peaceful: