turkeys

705red

Browncafe Steward
Well said!!!! Along w/ soberups!!!!! Last Year Was A Turkey To Remember!!!! for me

Grateful is something to be especially at the holidays for what we have rather than what we don't. Last year for me was the most valuable x-mas ever and also the most stressful at first..

I went driving last year last week in Oct. came back from driving school went on the road Nov 6 started my first day on rd. Which the 15th of Nov. starts the free period so 30 days out the window. I came from management part time worked as oms in office for 8 yrs while driving had a great time the experience was very good. Finally met some of our customers I always helped and spoke to most on a daily basis.

As you all know management gets a bonus in December well that didn't happen for me ( I was devastated). That buys my 3 children's x-mas every year, so I was totally stressed as to what the hell I was going to do. My husband had to quite work when I went driving because what we would have paid in day care wouldn't have been worth what was left of his pay check. Not only did I not get the bonus I thought I worked for nearly all year long but my paycheck was being screwed up every week from the transition I was told.

My bills were literally in a pill on my kitchen table, after coming home from working all day I would come in see my kids to bed and just cry trying to think of what to do. I had to choose between what bills were of coarse the necessities even had to go to local social services to help with power bills (which is a freak-in joke the govt). We dug a whole with the decision I made to go driving after waiting 8 yrs to get the chance to do.. and end the end it was the right choice for us. It was just a very, very, rough road.

I had a call from a local co-worker to come by her house after I got off my route one afternoon. When I arrived we chit chatted about myself and family what we would do for presents, food, and etc. She walked me downstairs to her living room filled with presents for my children:sad-very: I balled my eyes out... Then she handed me a card with every-one's little note and money from all the drvrs, pt sup, ft sups... (everyone)

I just couldn't believe it I literally felt a huge weight lifted off my shoulders... I was so very thankful to receive the generosity of fellow co workers and the turkey that was so delicious from UPS. It was the most wonderful Thanksgiving I have ever received (even though it was after thanksgiving holiday) and this year me and my family are going to return to favor to others..:peaceful::peaceful::wink2::happy-very::happy-very:

Comet this is what being part of a family is all about. Were all like siblings and will bicker and fight amongst ourselves, but god help someone that wants to do the same from the outside!

I have passed the hat several times for others who have been in trouble and there is no better feeling in life than helping someone that needs it at that time!

At least now you have us on the cafe too, and if you need a couple bucks just provide me with the pictures i have asked for and were all good! lmao

3 miles up the road there is a flock of about 70-80 turkeys if anyone needs one. Also a few elk and a moose. If you want bear I would have to drive about 5 or 6 miles. Just let me know.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
With all those really fat geese around here, and so many people feeding them regularly ,I for one will not be needing a turkey this year.

Johney

I apologize to browncafe but I'm standing on my soapbox in this post. The Turkey was a bonus and the $15 gift card is a bonus. If you asked me, I could care less about either one this year. The only thing I care about is my job.

Turkeys, giftcards, and stock bonuses (where applicable) are exactly what they are-bonuses. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away. It is a holiday to give thanks for what we have. I will tell every employee at UPS "You have many things to be thankful for".

Does anyone disagree that you have a job that pays well with insurance benefits? I will also add that layoffs at UPS may happen but it will be temporarily. You will eventually get your job back sooner rather than later.

I would rather have UPS cut the bonus if it would save jobs. We are very lucky to work for a company like UPS when the economic climate is what we are experiencing now and will probably get worse.

I get angry at UPS management. I think I will swallow my anger for the forseeable future and be very happy when I'm over-dispacthed. I will actually welcome it becuase its money in my pocket in tough times.

I used to get angry that I was over-dispatched 2-3 days a week and not recieve help but was required to take 10 stops when I was at the lower end of my dispatch range.

When I think about it, its such a trivial response to a trivial matter. Most of our gripes are when you look at "The Big Picture"

It can become a problem though. A "normal dispatch" for a UPS driver is a lot of work. When we are over-dispatched day after day it takes its toll on us.

That was my last complaint.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone,

Brownie:peaceful:
:salute::thumbsup:

rushfan

After 15 years of UPS turkeys, I would rather have a gift card....no I'd rather have a gold coin. I had good intentions of cooking my "festive bird" (taken from the letter we get with the turkeys) earlier in the year. I remembered it in Sept. I needed something to try my 9mm hollow points (hornaday) on. It's a shame it went to that

upsdude

I apologize to browncafe but I'm standing on my soapbox in this post. The Turkey was a bonus and the $15 gift card is a bonus. If you asked me, I could care less about either one this year. The only thing I care about is my job.

Turkeys, giftcards, and stock bonuses (where applicable) are exactly what they are-bonuses. Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away. It is a holiday to give thanks for what we have. I will tell every employee at UPS "You have many things to be thankful for".

Does anyone disagree that you have a job that pays well with insurance benefits? I will also add that layoffs at UPS may happen but it will be temporarily. You will eventually get your job back sooner rather than later.

I would rather have UPS cut the bonus if it would save jobs. We are very lucky to work for a company like UPS when the economic climate is what we are experiencing now and will probably get worse.

I get angry at UPS management. I think I will swallow my anger for the forseeable future and be very happy when I'm over-dispacthed. I will actually welcome it becuase its money in my pocket in tough times.

I used to get angry that I was over-dispatched 2-3 days a week and not recieve help but was required to take 10 stops when I was at the lower end of my dispatch range.

When I think about it, its such a trivial response to a trivial matter. Most of our gripes are when you look at "The Big Picture"

It can become a problem though. A "normal dispatch" for a UPS driver is a lot of work. When we are over-dispatched day after day it takes its toll on us.

That was my last complaint.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone,

Brownie:peaceful:

Awesome!

upshawk

We had a feeder driver who was in a bad mood send his turkey back to the district headquarters signature required during an unseasonably warm period in December one year. We still laugh about that one. :funny: