turkeys

rod

Retired 22 years
This is my Third year of my retirement, and I still miss not getting a turkey!!!!!!

This is my 7th year and I don't miss ANYTHING about UPS---especially as the days get shorter and the weather gets colder.:peaceful: The Brown Cafe is as close to UPS as I want to ever be now.

browniehound

Its funny what UPS can do to a man or woman. If the place was truely horrible we would all leave. I'm not saying UPS is wonderful and everyone should dance their way into work everyday, lol.

It is what it is though, its work. If you could do better somewhere else, you might leave. Even then you might not becuase your not sure about the viability of that company. With UPS you are pretty sure you will be employed as long as you want to be.

I get up every morning and my body is sore. I ask myself how long I can continue and if I want to continue. Then comes the end of the day. I'm driving back to the center totally relaxed and am thinking "today wasn't so bad". When Friday comes I'm all for conquering the day and I'm jacked up that the weekend has arrived.

If you leave UPS its only going to be tougher for you. 99.9% of jobs suck. We have a job the may "suck" but it pays well, you can make a living and plan a retirement from. Thats the way I look at it.

chev

Nightcrawler
Yeah,that's what the dog leaves AFTER it eats the turkey.
Hell, my dog wouldn't even eat that crap.
As far as the turkey are concerned; I donate mine every year. I used to take it but it would end up in the basement freezer till the next one joined it. I figure there are plenty of less fortunate pepole out there that would love a turkey dinner over the canned crap.

dc_sniper9130

Tailgunner
I remember hearing something a long time ago about the turkey signifiying labor unions' history of making sure that the families of union workers always had enough to eat for christmas, way back in the old days. not sure if this is true or not (for the teamsters or any other union) but since having "turned to the dark side," as my loaders call it, i wouldn't be one to know either way. any input/verification on this?

P

pickup

The porter in the building knows of a food bank that will gladly accept the coupon . I'll probably give it to them so it won't go to waste. It expires end of april of this year.

barrycold

I got back from disability and my pt sup does not know where she placed my turkey coupon. I asked last week and this week about the coupon. What do I do?

I got back from disability and my pt sup does not know where she placed my turkey coupon. I asked last week and this week about the coupon. What do I do?
PM me your address, I'll send you mine. That IS if you are really wanting to use one. Or is this a "principle" thing?

jennie

I have only been working at UPS a year, and never received a turkey, but did get my coupon. LOL, still have not used it. I think I would of rather got the turkey. Now....just wish I could use my 15 bucks for something else.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Fle a grievance under article 50, it was won here two years ago. A driver was out on comp and never received his turkey!