turn in old uniforms??

opey

Im just wondering if there is any policy on returning old uniforms and if they need to be accounted for... There is a box at my center that people throw their old unis in, and i have some extras that dont fit right that have been replaced so id like to get rid of them... so should I just toss them in or do they need to be accounted for? sorry im still somewhat a noob lol

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We just throw them in a pile under a desk and one of the OMS folks will box them up and eventually ship them off. They don't seem to pay attention to if we bring old ones back when we order new ones. Its best to order at the beginning of the month before the Center's monthly uniform budget runs out.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Im just wondering if there is any policy on returning old uniforms and if they need to be accounted for... There is a box at my center that people throw their old unis in, and i have some extras that dont fit right that have been replaced so id like to get rid of them... so should I just toss them in or do they need to be accounted for? sorry im still somewhat a noob lol

Probably depends on your center.

Way back in pre-history when I started, we had to turn an item in before we got a new item.

By the time I retired, nobody cared. I hauled three 50-gallon trash bags of old uniform crap back after I left. They weren't happy.

Indecisi0n

Way back in pre-history when I started, we had to turn an item in before we got a new item.

By the time I retired, nobody cared. I hauled three 50-gallon trash bags of old uniform crap back after I left. They weren't happy.
I would have burned them.

KOG72

I’m full of it

Leave them at the end of your driveway and let them come and get them,lol

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank

No one ever said anything to me about bringing them back. I use the old ones to work on the cars or when I paint.

clean hairy

Wear the old ones while working in the yard or cleaning out the garage.
Wear each one 2 or 3 Saturdays without washing.
Once you have enough to fill a large garbage bag, put them in there.
When full, tie up the top very secure so no air can get in.
Let it sit a couple of weeks, to marinate all sealed up.
THEN take it in and leave it on the Center Managers desk.
Talk about a snootful of unpleasant air pollution when the bag is opened!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1476673149.428997.jpg

I have a few I need to turn in.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You need to order 3 each time to see how many will bust or not fit right. When the uniforms were made by Riverside they were quality, now they are just disposable ponchos.