turn in old uniforms??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do enjoy life, every moment of it. I don't understand why you think I need to retire all the time. I'm doing just fine, thank you.

We have all heard stories about drivers who pass away within 6 months of retirement.

No one is telling you to retire and then shut it down. That would be the worst thing to do.

You are active in your community. Retiring would allow you to expand upon that role while still allowing time for you and your wife to spend time together.

None of my business but if I had to guess I would say that you are still working not because you want to but because you have to.

My eligibility date is 7/1/18 which makes my effective date 5/1/18. I have about $150K in my 401k, my condo will be paid off and I plan on paying off my car. My monthly expenses will be minimal. I may stick around until just before Peak but as of today my plan is to walk on 5/1/18 and relocate to be closer to my daughter. I will look for a non-profit that needs help but do not plan on punching a time clock ever again.

It is your choice but IMO it is time for you to stop and smell the roses.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
I have the old style jacket....

Looks very much like this (but not leather)

upload_2016-10-18_7-33-55.jpeg

Has the old pkg & twine logo, the lining only has 1 more season before it's toast.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
None of my business but if I had to guess I would say that you are still working not because you want to but because you have to.

It is your choice but IMO it is time for you to stop and smell the roses.

No, I don't have to work, I have posted that repeatedly. I enjoy staying busy, simple as that. I also enjoy making money. I have an easy route and I make twice what our pension pays. When I'm ready I will leave, I can go at any time and I tell my management team that.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I follow @scratch on Facebook. I think he is doing just fine how he is. He enjoys what he does and that makes a huge difference. Do what you love, and you’ll never work another day in your life. I'm pretty sure that's where @scratch is at in his life.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I hear Belize is the place to go. I have three friend's parents whom since retired and gone down there.
I am exploring retirement options and Belize is at the top of my list right now if I move overseas because the cost of living is so much lower. Houses start renting at $400 a month, supposedly you can live off just a Social Security check. Add in a pension check, think about a very nice house on the beach. Belize was formerly British Honduras so English is the preferred language.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I am exploring retirement options and Belize is at the top of my list right now if I move overseas because the cost of living is so much lower. Houses start renting at $400 a month, supposedly you can live off just a Social Security check. Add in a pension check, think about a very nice house on the beach. Belize was formerly British Honduras so English is the preferred language.

What do you do about medical care

Cementups

Box Monkey

I was considering buying a house in Costa Rica for this reason. Cheap as hell to live down there.