Turnover

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
What does all this political BS have with the fact that FedEx has a HUGE turnover problem? How about we get back to the subject at hand.

Turnover is getting to be a huge issue, but nobody in Memphis gets it. Meltdown is at hand.
Of all people to ask that we hold off on judgement until all the facts are in...

The facts are not in, unlike FedEx, where the facts are in. Things are really getting bad, and all the PR and spin in the world cannot counter the declines in morale, service, and employee competence. Express is in free fall right now. Expect a system brownout or worse in the next week or so. I'll stand by that statement.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Turnover is getting to be a huge issue, but nobody in Memphis gets it. Meltdown is at hand.

Right up there with all of the other eminent predictions of doom that were made, beaten into the ground, and then quietly forgotten when they didn't pan out.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Cuddle close to Matt tonight. He'll be getting some more bad news this evening.
WicketSitNSpin.jpg

MAKAVELI

GM, Chrysler...
The crap those companies produced in the 80's and 90's wasn't the result of its workers workmanship but a lack of focus on quality and reliability by their management. Very much like FedEx today. :censored2: rolls down hill Dano, management 101.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Right up there with all of the other eminent predictions of doom that were made, beaten into the ground, and then quietly forgotten when they didn't pan out.

The word you're looking for is "imminent",Dano. My predictions have been very accurate overall.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The crap those companies produced in the 80's and 90's wasn't the result of its workers workmanship but a lack of focus on quality and reliability by their management. Very much like FedEx today. :censored2: rolls down hill Dano, management 101.

Yep. Bravo Zulu for an accurate analysis.

vantexan

The word you're looking for is "imminent",Dano. My predictions have been very accurate overall.
Really? Where are the 12 hour days with 5 hr splits? Where is the all part-time workforce? The mass force out of senior couriers? The elimination of healthcare altogether? By the way I'm back on.

vantexan

UAW protecting it's workers was a part of the lack of quality.

fedex_rtd

I see that both Dano and Vantexan are both trying to spin this thread away from the FACT that large turnover rates are a problem at FedEx.

Does Fred pay you well to redirect the threads when they are too close to the truth?

fedex_rtd

About 5 or 6 years ago I had a conversation about the poor quality of new hires at DGO locations with the hiring manager of my AGFS location. He toed the company line about customers just want their package....etc. Well that problem has finally percolated to the higher level locations like AGFS locations that hire from the DGO locations. We have been having problems finding QUALIFIED employees to fill not only driving, but non driving positions. We have had some positions open for almost 5 months, the part timers are happy as they are getting close to 40 hours per week, but the problems are NOT going away. The turnover issue along with the lack of pay actions are going to cause this company some serious issues in the near future.

MAKAVELI

UAW protecting it's workers was a part of the lack of quality.
The unions job is to protect its members jobs and negotiate the best possible wages and benefits. It's management's job to provide the necessary, tools and resources to provide the best quality craftsmanship and reliability for the customer. Even after, concessions, government bailout, and then record profits, GM had one of its biggest recalls that put lives at risk. All for a 57 cent part. Now are you going to try to blame the UAW and its members for that?

MAKAVELI

Really? Where are the 12 hour days with 5 hr splits? Where is the all part-time workforce? The mass force out of senior couriers? The elimination of healthcare altogether? By the way I'm back on.
I find it ironic that you are going back to work for the same company that you retired from and couldn't live on the pension alone that you worked so hard for. It just doesn't make sense to me. Now you are back , loving the opportunity they gave you and are going to be Dano 2.0?

vantexan

I see that both Dano and Vantexan are both trying to spin this thread away from the FACT that large turnover rates are a problem at FedEx.

Does Fred pay you well to redirect the threads when they are too close to the truth?
I'm not doing anything of the sort. If some here want to paint all Republicans with the same broad brush I'm going to speak up. And I've posted here about high turnover at stations I've worked at.

vantexan

I find it ironic that you are going back to work for the same company that you retired from and couldn't live on the pension alone that you worked so hard for. It just doesn't make sense to me. Now you are back , loving the opportunity they gave you and are going to be Dano 2.0?
I haven't gotten my pension yet. We went to Mexico, she didn't care for it, we're back in the States, and it ain't cheap. She really isn't into living overseas, but eventually we'll go back and live on Social Security there while paying off her home in Kansas City area with my pension. She sees the merit of that. But that's down the road.

vantexan

The unions job is to protect its members jobs and negotiate the best possible wages and benefits. It's management's job to provide the necessary, tools and resources to provide the best quality craftsmanship and reliability for the customer. Even after, concessions, government bailout, and then record profits, GM had one of its biggest recalls that put lives at risk. All for a 57 cent part. Now are you going to try to blame the UAW and its members for that?
No, I'm not. But everyone knows that GM got itself into trouble building crap cars while the Japanese and others built solid cars. The union workers are the ones actually doing the building, etc and quality control was lacking. Doesn't mean all union workers are bad but as with most unions there are always workers that are carried and protected who should get canned. Plenty of blame to go around there.

vantexan

About 5 or 6 years ago I had a conversation about the poor quality of new hires at DGO locations with the hiring manager of my AGFS location. He toed the company line about customers just want their package....etc. Well that problem has finally percolated to the higher level locations like AGFS locations that hire from the DGO locations. We have been having problems finding QUALIFIED employees to fill not only driving, but non driving positions. We have had some positions open for almost 5 months, the part timers are happy as they are getting close to 40 hours per week, but the problems are NOT going away. The turnover issue along with the lack of pay actions are going to cause this company some serious issues in the near future.
As long as the economy sucks for employees and there's high unemployment there will be plenty willing to try working at FedEx.

MAKAVELI

No, I'm not. But everyone knows that GM got itself into trouble building crap cars while the Japanese and others built solid cars. The union workers are the ones actually doing the building, etc and quality control was lacking. Doesn't mean all union workers are bad but as with most unions there are always workers that are carried and protected who should get canned. Plenty of blame to go around there.
The blame on this latest recall lies squarely on the shoulders of GM management. It was a decision not to replace a faulty 57 cent part. All the while raking in huge profits. This has been the culture in GM for decades and the true reason why their cars have been behind the Japanese makes in technology and quality.

Serf

What is it that the president has done in the past and what Snowden has revealed that suggests that American intelligence is not up to the task of monitoring these individuals and neutralizing them if necessary? I keep asking that question and nobody has an answer.
Sorry for the late reply. The answer is simple. Aside from it looking terrible in the PR/propaganda image. We can monitor these people. Does not mean they won't or can't kill Americans or our allies.