Turnover

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Did your CEO ever make himself look like every employee's hero early in the game and then turn into a weasel and stab the employees in the back?

Correct, sir!! As far as I know, UPSers have no reason to hate their CEO, and the union has a lot to do with that. Upstate likes people like Smith, because they represent his Libertarian/GOP views. Yet, he remains a hypocrite and enjoys all the fruits of his union labor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I still contend the IC model is smart from a purely business perspective.

If you believe in complete worker exploitation, it's "smart". Otherwise, it's a scam gift for a rich CEO with way too much political and economic influence. How about that free market level playing field?

hypo hanna

"Some criticism" is expected but MFE has a disturbing obsession with the man.

Did you ever notice that there is very little mention of our CEO in any of the UPS forums?
Ups employees have a clear understanding, good or bad. Of what their deal is every time they negotiate a new contract. We get smoke and mirrors, bait and switch and BS piled sky high. Our relationship with fedex is nothing like what. You have with ups.

bbsam

Staff member
If you believe in complete worker exploitation, it's "smart". Otherwise, it's a scam gift for a rich CEO with way too much political and economic influence. How about that free market level playing field?
You may as well try to disband the union as change the IC laws. There is more than one way to get a "level playing field".

bbsam

Staff member
Ups employees have a clear understanding, good or bad. Of what their deal is every time they negotiate a new contract. We get smoke and mirrors, bait and switch and BS piled sky high. Our relationship with fedex is nothing like what. You have with ups.
That has been the case for Express folk for a decade pr more and over and over they bought into "Fred the Hero". The facts never gave you reason to believe but fear sure did.

White Line

Bush Obama Bush Obama blah blah blah, look I am not a fan of either one, nor am I a big fan of either the republican or democratic party, they are both full of crap and are only there to fulfill their own self interest, why can't anyone figure that out already, by the way, I was under the impression that there is 535 other people, I believe we call these parasites congress or something to that effect that are also involved with this mess, why is it that the argument is always focused on the presidents and not the 535 who are not doing their jobs, just a thought that's all, as far as Bergdahl or whatever his name is, the dude left his post, it doesn't matter wether you are out on the wire in Afghanistan or guarding some make shift ammo dump with a shotgun out at Camp Wilson 29 Palms during peace time, if you drop your gear and your weapon and walk off you are abandoning your post, and there used to be a time that if and when a Soldier, Marine, Sailor or a Airman did such a thing that they were promptly charged for the infraction, but I guess in this new military that doesn't happen, as to DTPs point about what could have been going through the young mans head, allow me to remind everyone that we have a all volunteer armed force at this time, I will not doubt that these men and women who have served in OEF/OIF are seeing awful things that no human should ever have to see, but the fact still remains that Bergdahl along with many others signed the dotted line and volunteered, THEY WERE NOT DRAFTED, and because of that I have a problem with the whole "well you don't know what's going through their heads argument", especially when you have young men and women who have not only volunteered to join the military but have also voluntarily done multiple deployments to both OEF/OIF, while it's been about 24 years since I went to MEPS in Oakland to take my physical to go into the Marine Corps and I barely remember the process then and have no idea what they do now, maybe there should be a better process on testing the mental state of potential recruits for these types of short comings, perhaps there is a younger former veteran on this forum who has gone through MEPS more recently than I have who can chime in on the subject and explain to us if there is such a process, as far as Bergdahl what is known is that he did abandon his post that much is clear as far as desertion well I guess the investigation will have to determine that, who knows it may become a issue of defection as opposed to desertion if it's found that he worked with the Taliban like it is rumored and the investigation determines such, but considering the way business is done in Washington I won't hold my breath waiting for answers.

vantexan

What is it that the president has done in the past and what Snowden has revealed that suggests that American intelligence is not up to the task of monitoring these individuals and neutralizing them if necessary? I keep asking that question and nobody has an answer.
How long did it take them to find Bin Laden? And it wasn't the NSA that found him.

vantexan

Why do you support the status quo? I haven't seen much trickle down, have you? Why do you insist upon buying into this hysteria about "crippling business"?
Are you of the opinion that American businesses can shell out billions, wait, Al Gore said it would be a trillion dollar market. What, are we all going to start b.s. businesses so we can cash in? If businesses don't have profits to invest in growth they stagnate and die. Cap-and-trade would absolutely cripple American business and make us non-competitive in the world market. Are you ok with high gas prices and electric bills for everyone too?

White Line

I rely on the BBC for accurate world news sam. And yes, in 2010 the DOD investigation concluded he in fact deserted his post. Now, take one look at him, and his converted father. Who is time now, all over twitter claiming he is working to free other prisoners as GITMO. And Allah favors his mission and reparations for the children killed in drone strikes by our government. Bergdahl believed it was his mission to leave.
Perhaps Bergdahl just felt he was special and that it was ok to violate General Order #1.

bbsam

Staff member
Are you of the opinion that American businesses can shell out billions, wait, Al Gore said it would be a trillion dollar market. What, are we all going to start b.s. businesses so we can cash in? If businesses don't have profits to invest in growth they stagnate and die. Cap-and-trade would absolutely cripple American business and make us non-competitive in the world market. Are you ok with high gas prices and electric bills for everyone too?
Businesses have been making huge profits. Where's the reinvestment?

vantexan

I think that it's interesting that van is a victim of the system as it is, yet he supports it, especially the GOP types who would like to see everyone earning $12 per hour, with no unions or benefits. I don't understand it.
It's because you oversimplify everything. All Republicans bad. All Democrats good. A few years back many people came together because they were concerned about runaway spending. Many seniors, and they were the biggest segment, were concerned about losing Medicare and Social Security. I've seen average folk, concerned for their future, totally vilified in the worst imaginable language by people like you. Just for exercising their constitutional right to protest. A lot of those people are registered Republicans. They might have been Democrats but don't agree with certain social issues. But they do believe hard work, not government dependence, is the way to go. And they don't like what they see happening to working class people by their fellow Republicans. Smear them all you will, I'll take their side every time over the idea that big government and intrusive control of our lives is the way to go.