Tv in original packaging arrived cracked

S

serenity now

har har. :p well so i got a email today from ups saying they want to charge me $63 because surprisingly enough the package was undeliverable. If that charge goes through you better believe ill dispute it.

nobody cares!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Could it be that they suspect the TV was already broken and you are trying to scam them out of $800? Sound far-fetched? We had a driver years ago who was received an on-call for a TV. It was insured for $500. The consignee had put his foot through the screen, packaged it and then tried to file a claim on the damage. We got the local police involved with this one.

jmusbach

Yeah sounds like it Upstate. As part of the claim denial they did say they couldn't determine if it was damaged (I assume the mean while in their hands) but the main denial claim was insufficient packaging as you guys mentioned and I learned to expect. But that's silly that they're now trying to charge me $63 because they apparently overnighted it to a invalid address when I tried, and they wouldn't let me, to stop the shipment. BBB case opened. ;)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You are filing a Better Business Bureau case against one of the largest companies in the world? All because you couldn't be bothered to put the TV box in to an actual shipping container?

Call UPS, explain the situation and ask them to reverse the charge.

jmusbach

I would, but it's easier to explain everything in text and whoever's on the receiving side of BBB complaints is probably more adept at expediently processing refunds then someone in a call center.

Yeah sounds like it Upstate. As part of the claim denial they did say they couldn't determine if it was damaged (I assume the mean while in their hands) but the main denial claim was insufficient packaging as you guys mentioned and I learned to expect. But that's silly that they're now trying to charge me $63 because they apparently overnighted it to a invalid address when I tried, and they wouldn't let me, to stop the shipment. BBB case opened. ;)

Oh no!!!!!!! Not the BBB!!!!!!

The only way you'd get paid for that TV is if you pick up the box and stand in the middle of the street and pray anything with the UPS door emblem runs you over. Then the company would blame a driver and you'll get a check.

Let us know when you decide to sue us. That always entertaining.

Actually there's a manager on BC, Tieguy. PM him and he can help you out. He carries a lot of weight in that neck of the woods.

jmusbach

Oh that's a good tip, thanks. I'll contact him and see if he can help.

EDIT: No go, he's elected not to receive PMs. :( Thanks anyways.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Lol what, does UPS have their own private investigator team? :P

Yes, they are called the gestapo. We are guilty until proven innocent. The gestapo hides in the woods, back of trls, locker rooms etc, trying to get us for petty crimes that mangement can then fire us over.
The gestapo never smile, crack a joke, or make a pun. They live in the land of black and white, right and wrong, and nothing is a gray area.

Post number 97............................................the moral to this story................................................Make sure you package it well and only insure it at todays fair market value.......................bub bye

HomeDelivery

you mean you're not supposed to leave flat screen TVs/Monitors on the floor & step on them?!?

i must be doing something wrong then:

Straptv_zpsb5b5bf97.jpg