Twelve Step Program Experience ( On Topic Please)

Integrity

Binge Poster
Step 11

“Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry it out.”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Step 12

“Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.”

bbsam

Staff member
Faith is faith. Doesn’t mean what you have faith in is real.

That’s actually kind of the definition of faith. You can’t prove that it’s real. Do you have faith.
If I told you that I just took a massive dump and now feel great because of it, would you believe me? Probably. You’ve probably experienced the same.

But if I say that God has changed my life in remarkable ways, you probably would not. You have not had experiences that you perceive in such a way.

Nothing wrong with that.

Frankly, I’ve never understood why either side would need the other to see it “their way. Being so minded makes me question their faith in their own belief.

Integrity

Binge Poster
If I told you that I just took a massive dump and now feel great because of it, would you believe me? Probably. You’ve probably experienced the same.

But if I say that God has changed my life in remarkable ways, you probably would not. You have not had experiences that you perceive in such a way.

Nothing wrong with that.

Frankly, I’ve never understood why either side would need the other to see it “their way. Being so minded makes me question their faith in their own belief.
Well said!