Two Tier Pay for Driver ?

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Never said they wouldn't be able to find people. It would be the turnover ratio, like the one that Fedex Ground has right now. What is the quality and have you seen these guys safety methods. Remember, they really dont answer to Fedex the company anyways, they answer to the guy that owns the route. (Big Difference). Little to much Cream Cheese on top of these Bagels.

Quality? They're getting the job done, and FedEx Ground keeps growing. Sure, they're not as productive as UPS drivers... but for every UPS driver, FedEx Ground (though its ISP) can afford to hire 3 to 3.5. And one UPS driver isn't as productive as 3 to 3.5 FedEx Ground drivers - although I'm certain many are convinced otherwise.

brown_trousers

Quality? They're getting the job done, and FedEx Ground keeps growing. Sure, they're not as productive as UPS drivers... but for every UPS driver, FedEx Ground (though its ISP) can afford to hire 3 to 3.5. And one UPS driver isn't as productive as 3 to 3.5 FedEx Ground drivers - although I'm certain many are convinced otherwise.

There are more factors that add into your equation. If there are 3 fedex drivers for every 1 ups driver. Then that means fedex has 3 times more trucks to buy and maintain, and then they have to build sort facilities to accomadate 3 times as many trucks to sort volume to.

And to add to that, they will have 3 times more "newbie" drivers in training that arent as efficient as a seasoned driver, and potentially 3 times as many worker comp claims.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
That's really absurd...with that kind of wait i can't see how anyone could justify sticking around. It's not like you're getting a winning lottery ticket once you win the bid either.

In 15 years even if school isn't your thing you could still learn and start a career in machining, welding trades like that and actually live with normal hours and pretty damn good pay. My humble opinion anyway.

It would be one of the most ridiculous inside jokes of all time if these weren't people with families that are having to work 2+ jobs just to keep their kids fed and clothed. Whenever supervision in my area starts whining about production, I tell them that my guys have to save their bodies since it's going to take them 20 more years to go full time.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
10 years isn't **** in my building. I represent people with 15-17+ years of seniority that have been unable to bid into a 22.3 combo job or open package car spot. The last package car promotion was a 22.3 bidding on an open spot with 19 years of seniority.

That's really absurd...with that kind of wait i can't see how anyone could justify sticking around. It's not like you're getting a winning lottery ticket once you win the bid either.

In 15 years even if school isn't your thing you could still learn and start a career in machining, welding trades like that and actually live with normal hours and pretty damn good pay. My humble opinion anyway.

I got into driving very fast. If I started now with the wait being what it is I'd go to trade school. My brother in law is a heavy machinery operator. Makes more than we do per hour but only works about 9 months outta the year.

beentheredonethat

There are more factors that add into your equation. If there are 3 fedex drivers for every 1 ups driver. Then that means fedex has 3 times more trucks to buy and maintain, and then they have to build sort facilities to accomadate 3 times as many trucks to sort volume to.

And to add to that, they will have 3 times more "newbie" drivers in training that arent as efficient as a seasoned driver, and potentially 3 times as many worker comp claims.

Brown Trousers... FDX only "buys" vehicles for the Air division, the owners of the individual routes (IC) purchase their own vehicles and maintain their own vehicles (for the ground and Home delivery drivers). The home\ground network uses the same buildings for sorting. They have one Air hub. (where we have our main SDF hub and regional air hubs).
FDX does not pay an hourly wage, they pay out as piece work, x amount per pkg etc, they do not bear the burden of workers comp for home\ground drivers. They do not pay FICA for these drivers, they do not pay FUTA for these drivers.

For FDX, their ground business is their growing business with healthy profits.

beentheredonethat

Anybody willing to even think twice about letting this happen or even come to a vote need s to be shot on the spot.

Just so everybody knows I really don't want anybody shot. Contrary to what beentheredonethat may think, I was talking about shooting the idea down on the spot. I think anybody with a half of brain would get that, but hey they let me sign up and post .I forget I have to be politically correct also ! MY BAD !!!

You asked if I thought in a private msg if I really thought you would shoot someone.

My answer consisted of saying I never thought a group would hijack a plane and plow it into the World trade ctr, I never thought some high school kids would walk into Columbine high school and shoot up their classmates. I never thought people would get shot going to a movie, and most important, I never thought children going to elementary school would get shot while they are "safe" at school.

What I did not say in the PM, was that a friend of my family's daughter was killed at Sandy Hook. I'm sorry if you think it's appropriate to say people should be shot for having an idea that is contradictory to yours. Or now, I just have half a brain. What I do have is a broken heart for a beautiful little girl that was shot along with many of her classmates and teachers.

No matter what you say, or how you try to intimidate myself and others, I'll never think it appropriate (Now, even more so) to indicate shooting people whether in jest or not is appropriate. Go ahead, negative rep me again.. I really don't care about my rep power.

Buck Fifty

Drivers are not pters. You made no point with the fact it happened to them back in the early 80's. The fact is that the company has been able to get by with a horrific turnover ratio for pters. They will implode with a move like this on the full time ranks. No matter what upstate wants to tout, its his way of speading the companies propaganda. He's really good at that. Spreading the fear among st his peers that is.

What i was trying to do was first of all see who would even acknowledge and idea so utterly selfish. Anybody willing to even think twice about letting this happen or even come to a vote need s to be shot on the spot with a paper wad right between the eyes. It doesn't matter what size bonus, what size raises on pay or pension,it shouldn't be discussed or tossed out in any forum. Keep watching the selfishness show up and you will find out who your dealing with in this forum and in the work place. SHOT on the SPOT​ with a paper wad right between the eyes !!! Figuratively of course,.... yeah of course.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Never give up anything, always VOTE NO !!! If everybody who had a vote voted NO, then Upstate wouldn't be able to throw his spew on the wall. A "no" vote protects the future of the working man.

Now where are all the $1's at ?

You asked if I thought in a private msg if I really thought you would shoot someone.

My answer consisted of saying I never thought a group would hijack a plane and plow it into the World trade ctr, I never thought some high school kids would walk into Columbine high school and shoot up their classmates. I never thought people would get shot going to a movie, and most important, I never thought children going to elementary school would get shot while they are "safe" at school.

What I did not say in the PM, was that a friend of my family's daughter was killed at Sandy Hook. I'm sorry if you think it's appropriate to say people should be shot for having an idea that is contradictory to yours. Or now, I just have half a brain. What I do have is a broken heart for a beautiful little girl that was shot along with many of her classmates and teachers.

No matter what you say, or how you try to intimidate myself and others, I'll never think it appropriate (Now, even more so) to indicate shooting people whether in jest or not is appropriate. Go ahead, negative rep me again.. I really don't care about my rep power.

There fixed it for you beentheredonethat, geez. Now if a few more of you would positive rep him, maybe he will shut the hell up about it ! Cause we know the whole rep thing doesn't bother him.(wink,wink). By the way my thought and prayers to you and your family for ya'lls loss. There will be no apology, because like you said you failed to mention it in your previous message and there was no intention to offend.

anonymous4

would I want them to?

No, you wouldn't. And that is why you are the enemy. Because none of "you" want to entertain the hard worker as he ages. Hence the idea behind a union. Smart and selfish on your part, your ways must be met with equal intelligence and selfishness. Show me the money.

reydluap

Re: Two Tier Pay for Driver ?
Drivers are not pters. You made no point with the fact it happened to them back in the early 80's. The fact is that the company has been able to get by with a horrific turnover ratio for pters. They will implode with a move like this on the full time ranks. No matter what upstate wants to tout, its his way of speading the companies propaganda. He's really good at that. Spreading the fear among st his peers that is.

What i was trying to do was first of all see who would even acknowledge and idea so utterly selfish. Anybody willing to even think twice about letting this happen or even come to a vote need s to be shot on the spot. It doesn't matter what size bonus, what size raises on pay or pension,it shouldn't be discussed or tossed out in any forum. Keep watching the selfishness show up and you will find out who your dealing with in this forum and in the work place. SHOT on the SPOT !!! Figuratively of course,.... yeah of course.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Never give up anything, always VOTE NO !!! If everybody who had a vote voted NO, then Upstate wouldn't be able to throw his spew on the wall. A "no" vote protects the future of the working man.

Now where are all the $1's at ?

ICU. Your true Character and Integrity has been exposed. Shame on you! Disgusting post...ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!

Last edited by a moderator:

upsset

upstate and any one else who figures they have enough time to accept these set backs for future drivers and not be affected consider this...............once you retire who funds your pension? That's right those guys who you are willing to sell out for a one time bonus or a small bump in your pension. Especially you upstate guys who have already given up a pay raise to help keep your pension from dropping under this contract.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Most of us stay for the pension. If we had a portable pension we would see a much higher turnover rate.

No you wouldn't. We make too much money to just move on and find another job. Hell, many people I know barely put any money in the 401K.

Buck Fifty

I guess you choose to ignore the sentence after that.

He was just worried about his rep ! Everything else was to deflect the stupidity of his first post. More like hasbeentheredonethat .

n., pl., figures of speech.
An expression that uses language in a nonliteral way, such as a metaphor or synecdoche, or in a structured or unusual way, such as anaphora or chiasmus, or that employs sounds, such as alliteration or assonance, to achieve a rhetorical effect.

figuratively - in a figurative sense; "figuratively speaking,..."
literally - in a literal sense; "literally translated"; "he said so literally"

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
No you wouldn't. We make too much money to just move on and find another job. Hell, many people I know barely put any money in the 401K.

Many of us nearing the end of our careers, with kids finishing college, house nearly paid off could afford to live on a smaller wage for a few years. If I'm debt free at the 25 year mark I still have to go to 30 to get a nice pension.