Ught ooooo The machines are here.

WTFm8

Only part I’m happy about is maybe the Amazon boxes won’t be so flimsy.

Amazon uses as little packing materials as possible to save on shipping... goal is only to make the box go through the tape machines. Workers can get in trouble for repeated ‘overweight’ packaging.

Amazon uses as little packing materials as possible to save on shipping... goal is only to make the box go through the tape machines. Workers can get in trouble for repeated ‘overweight’ packaging.
Wonder what they’re going to do with the 20k trucks they bought...oh that’s right, lease them to people that are eager to start their own business and immediately put them selves in debt...kinda like the 10k ups will pay for your college degree

Bob11B

Attachments

• 5049BAD1-B623-4900-9D32-D930F6C39E9B.png
    5049BAD1-B623-4900-9D32-D930F6C39E9B.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 198

rod

Retired 22 years
Luddite - Wikipedia

Automation is here and it's only going to increase. We can't expect working people to win this battle by trying to outlaw or destroying these machines.
This is why I specifically go out of my way to go through a human manned check-out counter rather than use a self scanning one. All you are doing at a self scanning machine is putting someone out of work.

rod

Retired 22 years
Same as using one of those new self order gizmos at McDonalds. I realize working at MD's is probably a crappy job but it is a job that still helps keep many people off welfare. When these people are replaced by a machine then you all can work some more hours to support them---if your job is still available. .

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is why I specifically go out of my way to go through a human manned check-out counter rather than use a self scanning one. All you are doing at a self scanning machine is putting someone out of work.
Then you go to the regular checkout and watch some dimbulb employee scan two items an hour.