Unbelievable...update on FMLA situation

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Oh I'm not asking for the days. I told them. I know the days pretty much a week in advance but this came up on Monday for a Thursday appointment when I was told you can't have the day off your scheduled for FMLA on Friday you can't take whatever day you want and center them around your weekends. And I told them too bad I'm taking it off. It's just very unfortunate that some people have to act this way and try to make me more stressed than I already am.
Start calling them an hour before start time to let them know that you're taking an fmla day. See how they like that.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I gotta say I'm kinda shocked that they're giving you a hard time. A couple years ago I went through the same thing taking my father to chemo, I was approved for intermittent fmla and I would just call in on the days he had treatment and let them know I was taking an fmla day, never heard peep about it.

Indecisi0n

I gotta say I'm kinda shocked that they're giving you a hard time. A couple years ago I went through the same thing taking my father to chemo, I was approved for intermittent fmla and I would just call in on the days he had treatment and let them know I was taking an fmla day, never heard peep about it.
Our sups here won't ask guys about it and they legally can't. That's why I find this so shocking.

tacken

Best of luck to your wife . UPS doesn't care we all know that. Take care of your family. Remember UPS always says your last stop is the most important one. Now that's a bunch of horse s....

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Tell them to screw off. My wife got hit by a drunk driver last week and I've been out on FMLA. She can't get around on her own. But they seem to think that I'm taking it just because. They can say whatever they want, you're doing what you need to do. Family comes first. If someone has to get off their lazy ass to figure out your inability to be there, well tough :censored2:.

Johney

Tell them to screw off. My wife got hit by a drunk driver last week and I've been out on FMLA. She can't get around on her own. But they seem to think that I'm taking it just because. They can say whatever they want, you're doing what you need to do. Family comes first. If someone has to get off their lazy ass to figure out your inability to be there, well tough :censored2:.
The problem is we won't get shipped out to Alaska for using FMLA.

Have a nice trip.

J/K hope the wife is ok.

ManInBrown

It amazes me that with all of the FT cover drivers we have standing around at our center that they would throw a hissy fit that you would miss some days to be with your wife who is battling cancer.
They're clowns. I called out on a Monday last year and they had me in the office the next day. Before we walk in Stewie says to me, 9 drivers went home yesterday. Clowns

Dragon

Package Center Manager

I am with Jones on this one. Your management team is totally wrong on the way they are handling your FMLA. Once you apply and start taking it, that is pretty much it.

The only thing they should be asking you is what days would you like to be paid for using personal, sick and vacation days and asking you what 1 week of vacation would you like to keep.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Our sups here won't ask guys about it and they legally can't. That's why I find this so shocking.

We don't ask, but everyone that has taken FMLA that works for me has come to me for a private conversation just to let me know what is going on. That is when I go over how FMLA works and the way PH, sick days and vacations are paid out.