Unbelievable...update on FMLA situation

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

We don't ask, but everyone that has taken FMLA that works for me has come to me for a private conversation just to let me know what is going on. That is when I go over how FMLA works and the way PH, sick days and vacations are paid out.
Just curious, but thought I read where you lose ur insurance coverage if you don't have some sort of paid day each week

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We don't ask, but everyone that has taken FMLA that works for me has come to me for a private conversation just to let me know what is going on. That is when I go over how FMLA works and the way PH, sick days and vacations are paid out.

The OP said that he had a schedule through the end of the year of all the days that he would need off. As a manager, I would think that you would prefer that over the phone call at 8 in the morning.

Indecisi0n

You might be a nice guy but in all honestly they shouldn't tell you guys anything. I have seen center manager's try to use medical conditions against guys. All you need to know is if I am approved and what days I will be taking.

Ghost in the Darkness

Just curious, but thought I read where you lose ur insurance coverage if you don't have some sort of paid day each week

No, if under FMLA you won't lose your insurance or job seniority. Its 12 weeks unpaid if you qualify and the company can require you use your personal time for it, all but a week of vacation depending on how much you are out.

I used FMLA for childbirth this year for a couple weeks. I didn't want to negotiate time off when the baby was born if it didn't happen on a scheduled vacation week. Another driver found out the hard way a few weeks ago when his baby came a week early but they wouldn't let him move up his vacation a week. The baby was born on a weekend so he didnt miss the birth but they forced him to work the days they said they didn't have enough coverage.

We have staffing issues here too. Funny how they always tell us we have a great job and people are lining up to do if we can't meet their expectations. Where are they then?

BUCN85, good luck and best wishes on beating the cancer to you and your wife!!

BUCN85

Talked to BA this morning and we will be filing against fmla act assuming because they are taking so long on approving papers. I'm also getting a number to file a complaint outside the union that UPS is violation fmla

Rack em

Made the Podium
Talked to BA this morning and we will be filing against fmla act assuming because they are taking so long on approving papers. I'm also getting a number to file a complaint outside the union that UPS is violation fmla
Good for you! I'm sorry about your situation and I'm sorry this company is being so absolutely ridiculous about giving you your rightful time off. Just don't allow management to stress you out anymore, you have other things to to focus on right now.

ManInBrown

You do not ask them when your taking it , you tell them. You need to stand up for yourself.
This. It's time to stop giving them any courtesy. Find out the bare minimum requirements for notifying them. And stick to those requirements. Call morning of, not coming in utilizing such and such. CLICK.

Last edited:

clean hairy

FMLA and the use of it is covered in the contract, Master section.
It is deplorable with all you have going on, UPS is giving you a difficult time, you do not need the extra stress on you right now.

BUCN85

Needless to say I'm very ticked off over all of this. To put it nicely. I'm taking this to every outlet I can to make sure those responsible for putting me through this get held accounted for. It's time to drop the hammer:thunderstorm:

ManInBrown

We all know at this job, if you do not stand up for yourself, they will ride you to the moon and back like a rented mule. I'm nasty right back to them in a professional manner, anytime I have any interactions with management. It sucks that it needs to be that way, but it is what it is.

Over 70

Needless to say I'm very ticked off over all of this. To put it nicely. I'm taking this to every outlet I can to make sure those responsible for putting me through this get held accounted for. It's time to drop the hammer:thunderstorm:

Good for you. You know what you're dealing with, and you know you're right. It will all work out and try not to let those evil bastards get to you.

Just remember there's a special place in hell for those people involved.