Unethical Tactics Management Uses to Retaliate Against and Harass Drivers

Steamer

Filed a ton of 9.5 grievances and won a hearing on attendance. That next 6 month’s consisted of supervisors coming out and observing me multiple times a months. Got me for a bogus handrail violation on a warning letter based on me not grabbing hand rail good enough. Also, dinged me for stealing time for going to a gas station to take a piss and figured I’ll buy a Gatorade on the way out. That 45 seconds extra to swipe my card got me a visit in the center managers office.
Ya, we have heard of this too. Always code out a break. Even the 1 minute in line to get a Gatorade. Then they have nothing on you.

Trucker Clock

You mean the guy that got fired, was reinstated and then the firing was upheld because he couldn't keep his mouth shut on social media?

Yep.

Look up L.R.'s case in Fort Wayne

You need to find better examples. sometimes, people get what they deserve.

L. R. in Fort Wayne was fired for altering her timecard. She got her job back, and after an injury, was released to full unrestricted duty by her doctor. She then wanted UPS to accommodate her because she was too lazy to do the job anymore. She then threatened to tase someone with an armed taser.

So she was fired for dishonesty and then workplace violence. Bye Bye.

Steamer

They have nothing on you? They have you acting like a scared schoolboy being sent to the Principal's office.
Yep, but for $120k a year they can keep me honest as possible about coding out a single minute. Do the job with some integrity and it shouldn't be too much of an issue.

browned out

Yep, but for $120k a year they can keep me honest as possible about coding out a single minute. Do the job with some integrity and it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Absolutely. 🎯

Too bad the UPS corporate code of ethics does not apply to management when the infraction is too abhorrent and illegal to address.

Terminating a driver for sheeting a known closed off area is A OK. DISHONESTY: A cardinal offense.

Forcing UPS Airline pilots to lie in order to terminate a pilot who addressed safety issues does not violate UPS' code?? Dishonesty is perfectly acceptable in this situation.

Hiding FAA violations, compromising airline safety and the safety of the general public is Fine.????? Without a doubt.

Management coercing drivers to write false statements against another driver was possibly the reason for the tragedy at UPS SF facility. RIP is interpreted as Rest in Peace for most. NOT UPS: RIP. Reap Immense Profits at any cost.

It's just business. The UPS code is BS garbage. Profits over people is the true UPS mantra.

UPS management retaliates without fail.

Pilots with unreported DUIs and refusals to submit to chemical tests are in command of aircraft that have been used as weapons.

Pilots at UPS are beyond reluctant to address any safety or ethical issues. They are terrified. They are effectively silenced. Or their livelihoods will be destroyed. Just like pilot K(arlene). P. at Delta Airlines or Capt. Douglas G. at UPS.

Last edited:

rentadawg

I’m heading to feeders soon and of course management is trying to pin me for scratch on a truck I’ve never driven before. They’re a bunch of this kind of damage on all trucks . Waiting this long for HR to contact you on classes on feeders ridiculous.

Of course you need at least 1 year of safe driving( I have 4) . Imagine getting a strike while waiting for that call. I assume you can’t grieve it since this occurrence happened after you’ve already won?

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
This topic was most likely already addressed numerous times on the BC. I think it deserves to be pinned at the top of the forum.

Here are some of the dishonest tactics management resorts to when they want to discipline or discharge a package car driver. This list is in no way comprehensive. Please add your own tales of management dishonesty, retaliation and workplace violence.

1. Management placed a customer's prescription drug package inside a driver's cooler while on a safety ride.

2. Management in our center has stacked business packages against the wall of the truck in the rear of the truck. These packages were literally stacked like decks of cards on top of one another the long way. Management then jammed/wedged a giant package between the floor and the shelf in front of these packages. The package literally could not be moved by one person. The package was crushed into place so it could not be moved. These packages were missed. I am not aware of any preloader hiding business packages behind a giant resi misload.

3. In an attempt to make it appear a driver is padding their miles and stealing time; management has removed package(s) from the car in the AM. The driver searches and searches for these packages, especially if they are in an extended area. The driver can not find the packages because they are not on the car. Later in the day when that package car driver is away from the car delivering inside apartments, eating lunch in a restaurant, etc; the unethical, retaliatory supervisor opens the back door and fires the missing packages back into the car without the driver's knowledge.

4. This is a new one to our center. A driver asked for some pickups to be covered. Normal procedure is just hit accept the cancel and that is it. One of the drivers pick ups to be cancelled was the UPS store close out pick up. But for some reason; there was a message attached to the cancel. It read 'we have had someone else sweep the UPS store pick up but YOU STILL NEED TO CLOSE IT OUT.' And the pick up was pulled from that drivers board. The driver caught this and asked his/her management team for clarification as they had received conflicting instructions. The pick up was no longer in their board but they were directed to close it out by a message attached to the cancel accept.

5. Management has placed NDA packages on drivers' cars after the driver has returned in the PM and then attempted to prove the package was on the car all day.

6. Management has placed/hidden 10 or more very small parcels not in EDD in package cars.

7. Management has forced/coerced drivers under duress to write false statements targeting other drivers.

8. Management has literally walked on the heels of a driver's shoes in an attempt to intimate that driver into walking faster.

9. Management has fabricated what they saw on entire on area observations and disciplined drivers based on these lies.

A comprehensive list of unethical, retaliatory management tactics is essential to protect all drivers that mgmt. wants to get rid off. We have to stick together. Make a safety concern known: Some or all of the above tactics may be coming your way. The same thing with an ethical or harassment complaint.
Seems about right. Especially #9. Rotten on-road doing an on area observation, stole a just delivered package from a front porch in a wealthy subdivision. That evening he tried to fire the driver.

What the on-road didn't know was he was spotted by a neighbor who called the police with his description and plate number. The cops arrived just as he yanked the driver into the office.

Instead of firing the driver, he was arrested....an no, UPS didn't fire him...but he quit 3 years later and was then indicted on federal mail and wire fraud charges.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Had a supervisor claim I had a no scan of a package that was found in another location that he claimed he found in the dumpster after the business had broken the box down and tossed out

Cowboy Mac

Had a supervisor claim I had a no scan of a package that was found in another location that he claimed he found in the dumpster after the business had broken the box down and tossed out
You must have pissed them off pretty good to get the sup to leave the office. Let alone go dumpster diving.

ThePackageDeli

1684681384593.png

...a manager stuck a **** in my ****