Unhinged Left

newfie

true conservatism was when you could carry a gun across state,line without identiication for it. I t was states that started regulated gun ownership

its not a conservative versus liberal clause. I don't think I should have to go through multiple back ground checks to travel protected in this country. If I cant avoid the back ground check then let me do it one time and one time only.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
its not a conservative versus liberal clause. I don't think I should have to go through multiple back ground checks to travel protected in this country. If I cant avoid the back ground check then let me do it one time and one time only.
he is right because there is a trade off, if open carry in all 50 states takes place then you have to be identified. States would lose out if thats turned over to feds,

Jkloc420

Which is those state's right.
Each state or local government knows it's needs better than any Centralized Government.
your also confusing things, your driver license is good in other state for a period of time if you move there or just travel through

Catatonic

Nine Lives
you may want to back out of this silly exchange , there's a chance you may not be up to date on this issue. ah :censored2: on it don't let that stop ya.
It's real simple ....
Any time the US Government defines whether an individual can or cannot do something* ... it's wrong.
Unless it is a crime against the US Government.

Jkloc420

all constitution says is right to bear arms, does not say the way you have to bear them or by what means

newfie

It's real simple ....
Any time the US Government defines whether an individual can or cannot do something* ... it's wrong.
Unless it is a crime against the US Government.

unless the us government decides the states have violated my constitutional rights. Each state should be able to issue its own passport?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
then why are states denying me the right to bear arms.
the constitution , the second amendment should over ride the local gun haters.
States regulate the ownership of guns ... you are free to change states.
I don't like/agree with certain laws in Georgia.
Those laws are legal and I respect them.
I don't comply with them usually unless the government enforcers are around.
I plan to move to another state but I can guarantee you, that state will allow gun ownership and concealed carry.

Jkloc420

States regulate the ownership of guns ... you are free to change states.
I don't like/agree with certain laws in Georgia.
Those laws are legal and I respect them.
I don't comply with them usually unless the government enforcers are around.
I plan to move to another state but I can guarantee you, that state will allow gun ownership and concealed carry.
yes and you have to do the process over in some cases