Unhinged Left

in my state you have to go through a bunch of crap to CCW . sup of state police has to approve it and hardly ever does. Other states near me are part of the multi state agreements. In todays world I can go through a CDL screening for my CDL license , multi-airport screenings for airport access , TSA pre-check approval and still not qualify for a CCW in my one state. Its absolute BS.
It used to be a pain in the ass here but not anymore

newfie

States regulate the ownership of guns ... you are free to change states.
I don't like/agree with certain laws in Georgia.
Those laws are legal and I respect them.
I don't comply with them usually unless the government enforcers are around.
I plan to move to another state but I can guarantee you, that state will allow gun ownership and concealed carry.

mumbo jumbo justification.
the fact remains that I can not freely travel through this country able to defend myself and I should be able to.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
the fact remains that I can not freely travel through this country able to defend myself and I should be able to.
In your own mind ... I accept that opinion and even have empathy for that frustration.
However, the National Government should have no authority in this area except for 'commerce clause' reasons or some other stipulation in the US Constitution.

newfie

In your own mind ... I accept that opinion and even have empathy for that frustration.
However, the National Government should have no authority in this area except for 'commerce clause' reasons or some other stipulation in the US Constitution.

the national government does have authority in this area as detailed in the second amendment.

the framers of the constitution gave us this right and the government has the obligation to ensure that states do not take that right away from us.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Leave it to a true :censored2: like you to insist that the federal government impose gun laws on the states, and pretend it's about freedom and conservatism....
lol.

newfie

The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land.[1] It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme law; in case of conflict between federal and state law, the federal law must be applied. Even state constitutions are subordinate to federal law.[2] In essence, it is a conflict-of-laws rule specifying that certain national acts take priority over any state acts that conflict with national law. In this respect, the Supremacy Clause follows the lead of Article XIII of the Articles of Confederation, which provided that "Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress Assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them."[3] A constitutional provision announcing the supremacy of federal law, the Supremacy Clause assumes the underlying priority of federal authority, at least when that authority is expressed in the Constitution itself.[4] No matter what the federal government or the states might wish to do, they have to stay within the boundaries of the Constitution. This makes the Supremacy Clause the cornerstone of the whole American political structure.[

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
The Supremacy Clause of the United States Constitution (Article VI, Clause 2) establishes that the Constitution, federal laws made pursuant to it, and treaties made under its authority, constitute the supreme law of the land.[1] It provides that state courts are bound by the supreme law; in case of conflict between federal and state law, the federal law must be applied. Even state constitutions are subordinate to federal law.[2] In essence, it is a conflict-of-laws rule specifying that certain national acts take priority over any state acts that conflict with national law. In this respect, the Supremacy Clause follows the lead of Article XIII of the Articles of Confederation, which provided that "Every State shall abide by the determination of the United States in Congress Assembled, on all questions which by this confederation are submitted to them."[3] A constitutional provision announcing the supremacy of federal law, the Supremacy Clause assumes the underlying priority of federal authority, at least when that authority is expressed in the Constitution itself.[4] No matter what the federal government or the states might wish to do, they have to stay within the boundaries of the Constitution. This makes the Supremacy Clause the cornerstone of the whole American political structure.[
it has to with boarders it is one reason we got the commerce clause

Turdferguson

Just a turd
States regulate the ownership of guns ... you are free to change states.
I don't like/agree with certain laws in Georgia.
Those laws are legal and I respect them.
I don't comply with them usually unless the government enforcers are around.
I plan to move to another state but I can guarantee you, that state will allow gun ownership and concealed carry.

Stay out of Kentucky, you ain't welcome here