Uniform brand

keith lestrange

hey fellow upsers...

the uniforms in ireland suck and blow !!!
riverside used to make ours as well but now some joe bloggs company make them now !!!
im wearing trousers with holes in the crotch as it takes abt 4 months to get a new uniform ..ive orded stuff before xmas and its jan 12 and still nothing !!!!!!
:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2:s sakes ...i wear abt 4 shades of brown and does not look at all !!!

UPS rocks !!!:biting:

The uniforms are ridiculous. I wear a 34 waist comfortably when I buy a new pair of jeans.... I'm currently on my 3rd uniform order from Cintas and am the proud owner of size 38 pants that still don't fit. The waist has plenty of room, but the hips are still too snug ( and no I don't just have a fat :censored2: either :wink2: ). I'm about to turn them in and get a couple pair of 40 or 42's so I can take them and have them altered. I don't even care if I have to pay for it myself, it's worth it to have a couple pairs of pants that actually fit comfortably.

poozer2000

I have both shirts and trousers by riverside and agree the sizeings are all to put my trousers make me look like mc hammer with the crutch around my knees and my naval button keeps popping open, one of my shirts the collar is coming away from the back already .

I think when you order the uniform the guys picking the orders just take a lucky dip and send you any thing they want to

PTer4Ever

Cintas does our uniforms. I got mine last week and tried it on for a test fit. I got all the sizes that I ordered, but they all fit terribly. The pants were incredibly long but almost fit in the waist. I couldn't even get the belt ends to touch. The shirt was alright but awfully tight in the shoulders. The jacket was also ok in the sleeves, but it is so short that it looks like I'm scratching my armpits when I put my hands in the pockets because it's so short. Everything got re-ordered.

Is there anywhere that I can actually order stuff myself? I don't care about paying for it...I just want some extras and stuff that might fit. I'm going to have 2 long sleeve shirts now and would really like a short sleeve since I know I'll get hot.

currahee

I hope some big wig from Atlanta reads this thread. I always thought that UPS holds their drivers appearence(SP) to highest standard than the competition. How professional can you look with a uniform that doesnt fit or is no longer serviceable.

JustTired

free at last.......
Just heard on the news. There is a recall of all UPS uniforms made in China due to excessive lead paint.:lol::lol::lol:

Thus the expression "get the lead out".

It's probably an experiment to see if we will buy our own uniforms. As some have stated, they are willing to pay themselves for alterations and uniforms that fit. Not me. I'll wear whatever junk they provide. If they want me to look like the typical DHL driver....then that's what I'll do.

It's all about cost. Unfortunately like everything else, they seem to be spending a dollar to save a dime. I bet I had my first set of uniforms for 10 years. Now your lucky if they last 1 year. I will admit that the first sets were getting thread-bare in places. But boy were they comfortable.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

The new "clipper" ones are awful. My cintas have always been OK and have lasted well; but the clipper already busted seams along the leg/waist and other places after two or three wears. I mean, two or three wears (and we're not talking normal delivery wear, customer counter/shuttle!) and I'm already sewing them? Garbage.