Uniform rules

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Unfortunately, even though this guy could have a 4.0 from MIT and be accepted as a Rhodes Scholar, he will always be judged (at least by me) based on outward appearance.
Unfortunate, but true. I totally understand that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Sammie

The new, brown UPS shorts. Just in time for summer. Coming soon to your center!

[video=youtube;qJVqwdh2QTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJVqwdh2QTg&feature=response_watch[/video]

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
In my short time at UPS, I've never seen a feeder driver in shorts. You guys must crank the A/C!
We have feeder drivers here who wear nothing but shorts. I can't get a grip on that. 10 degrees with shorts on. Why is it that the uniform company only cleans pants? Never really understood that.

Does anyone know!

I lost my american express card that ups gives to redeem money you get when you get a lead. Nobody is able to help me out. does anyone know what i can do or who i can contact?

JonFrum

ATT00003.jpg
And what's up with the bashful extraterrestrial on the left? :happy-very:

A

anonymous6

as always , at UPS, it depends on who you are. If you are one of the pets like we have around here, you can have long hair, shirt tail out, undershirt showing outside pants, day growth of beard, sneakers, etc, etc.

if you don't suck you know what, they get on to you about every little thing.

a funny side story about the UPS uniform. i was taking a break at a service station with another driver when this old man about 80 years old pulled up to the gas pumps.

as he walked by us he said to me "Please wash my windows, son."

So I went ahead and washed his windshield and his back window as the other driver was LHAO.

The old guy thanked me and I said "your welcome."

screamin chicken

it's just like every time I roll my sleeves up they tell me to roll them down, but there are several other drivers that have theres roll up. In fact we had a driver from another center that had his rolled up and the on road introduced him at the pcm and his sleeves were rolled up and he was not told to roll them down.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I lost my american express card that ups gives to redeem money you get when you get a lead. Nobody is able to help me out. does anyone know what i can do or who i can contact?
Talk to your OMS, they can probably help you.

a funny side story about the UPS uniform. i was taking a break at a service station with another driver when this old man about 80 years old pulled up to the gas pumps.

as he walked by us he said to me "Please wash my windows, son."

So I went ahead and washed his windshield and his back window as the other driver was LHAO.

The old guy thanked me and I said "your welcome."
Did he tip you, at least?:wink2:

it's just like every time I roll my sleeves up they tell me to roll them down, but there are several other drivers that have theres roll up. In fact we had a driver from another center that had his rolled up and the on road introduced him at the pcm and his sleeves were rolled up and he was not told to roll them down.
They tell all the guys with scrawny arms, to roll down their sleeves, in my center.:surprised:

rod

Retired 22 years
It used to be you had to roll your short sleves up otherwise you would end up dangeling from the door latch if you got out the drivers door:wink2:

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
It used to be you had to roll your short sleve ****s up otherwise you would end up dangeling from the door latch if you got out the drivers door:wink2:
Ain't that the truth. Almost every one of my shirt sleeves had that little tear in it, at one point.

tae111

I was told yesterday by my feeder manager that as of May 18th. no more none UPS apparel will be allowd. We have guys selling hoodies, jackets, sweatshirts,T-shirts, ect. with custom lettering. Some say North Jersey Feeders with a pic of a set of doubles. Some guys have their name or C.B. handle on them. Even the sups and some managers have them.
I know people who haven't ordered a jacket in years. I think they waited for the warmer weather to arrive so their uniform budget doesn,t go through the roof.

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
They told us a couple of years ago that we are not allowed to wear anything but UPS authorized uniforms.

We had people making the feeder clothing too, but that all stopped when they threatened to fire a person for doing it. How can they threaten that? Well, the guys making the clothes started to put the UPS symbol on it and that is a big no no.

We still have guys wearing the feeder stuff, they tell the guys not to from time to time, but then mangement moves onto some other flavor of the month and people resume wearing it again.

If I was running UPS, I would offer extra uniform items that could be cusomized with your name and department on it. You would have to pay for these items, but they would be articles of clothing not available in the uniform allowance; sweaters, sweat shirts, etc.

In fact, UPS used to sell sweaters and the like, but for some reason they stopped. I thought the military sweater was cool looking.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A few drivers were standing around talking waiting for start time the other morning when an on-road sup walked up and told them there were a few of them not in compliance with uniform rules. He said it is not acceptable to wear a short sleve shirt with a vest. Any comments?

Flavor of the week.

Sounds like a sup who is scared for his job and just looking for "rules" to enforce in order to justify his own continued employment.

In 22 yrs I have never been told that we cannot wear vests with short sleeve shirts. I wear that combo every day except during summer.

Just ignore this guy, and he will eventually go away and find someone else to bother.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
In my short time at UPS, I've never seen a feeder driver in shorts. You guys must crank the A/C!
Yes . . . .the a/c is a beautiful thing. Even the shorts that I wear aren't company issued shorts. The company issued shorts are regular length in the crotch and since I am tall its not very comfortable having the family jewels being bunched up:wink2: I like my shorts cut longer in length(knee length) than the issued shorts(shorts cut higher up on the thighs inches above the knees are girls shorts not guys - sorry UPS) I take my tall size pants which are a little bit longer in the crotch and cut them off at the knees and my mother who is a sewing wiz hems them and away I go with my custom shorts. Been doing that for probably 10 years now started back when I was in packages. The longer length also prevented the seat burn I used to get getting on and off the seat a thousand times a day. It actually used to wear the hair off of the backs of my legs.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes . . . .the a/c is a beautiful thing. Even the shorts that I wear aren't company issued shorts. The company issued shorts are regular length in the crotch and since I am tall its not very comfortable having the family jewels being bunched up:wink2: I like my shorts cut longer in length(knee length) than the issued shorts(shorts cut higher up on the thighs inches above the knees are girls shorts not guys - sorry UPS) I take my tall size pants which are a little bit longer in the crotch and cut them off at the knees and my mother who is a sewing wiz hems them and away I go with my custom shorts. Been doing that for probably 10 years now started back when I was in packages. The longer length also prevented the seat burn I used to get getting on and off the seat a thousand times a day. It actually used to wear the hair off of the backs of my legs.
I have a darkened spot on my leg, from this burn. I won't even comment on your Mom still doing your sewing.:wink2:

helenofcalifornia

We get dinged if our shorts are too short. Had a female driver that practically wore daisy dukes they were so short. I would just like to mine an inch or two shorter so they don't hit my knees. Do they make shorts in lengths like pants? And I would pay for some properly fitting women's clothing. With some style for a change.