uniforms

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
Yeah, it's a different UPS. Veteran drivers say it used to be more like the military. Now we have guys at PCM wearing anything you can think of and the only guys in my center who shine their shoes are some of the 20+ year guys. These are the guys who never wear jacket cut uniforms and always have their shirt perfectly tucked & the seam of the shirt right in line with the belt buckle, etc.

I miss those days that we were all professional. See drivers that have 2 to 3 days of beard growth and nobody cares.

S

selfcancelsignal

I try to follow most of the policies... White or brown shirt under the uniform top, brown UPS socks w/ longer shorts, brown polishable boots (which I never polish 'cause that's ridiculous), clean shave (at least for a couple days during the week), but ya gotta go shirt jacket. Though it can somewhat hide the fob on your belt loop & be inconvenient.

Pouch or clip for the DIAD 5? I've been exclusively pouch, but have been thinking about switching to the clip of late.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

ajax25

I like the fact that they want the uniforms looking sharp but the no facial hair thing is just dumb in my opinion. I mean I can understand not wanting guys to come in looking like they belong on Duck Dynasty but come on a nicely groomed goatee or beard should be allowed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

What'dyabringmetoday???

I like the fact that they want the uniforms looking sharp but the no facial hair thing is just dumb in my opinion. I mean I can understand not wanting guys to come in looking like they belong on Duck Dynasty but come on a nicely groomed goatee or beard should be allowed.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Why not allow a couple cold beers on lunch too?

mdnj88

I'm guilty of milking not shaving more than I should but everything else I try to have some pride. I do shine my shoes, not every day but more than most guys in my center. Shirt jacket ftw by the way and diad 5 clip all the way. The pouch is so ugly and inconvenient in my opinion it's not even funny

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm guilty of milking not shaving more than I should but everything else I try to have some pride. I do shine my shoes, not every day but more than most guys in my center. Shirt jacket ftw by the way and diad 5 clip all the way. The pouch is so ugly and inconvenient in my opinion it's not even funny
I always used a clip with the Diad 4, but with the 5 it's so small and light I just throw it in the pouch and it stays there all day long, even when I'm driving. Only time I don't have it on my hip is on lunch when it sits in the truck.

S

selfcancelsignal

The pouch is decent for carrying the DIAD while you drive instead of putting it in the PC holder. Sometimes the seat belt will catch it & it'll beep like crazy & annoy the fudge out of you.

mdnj88

The pouch is decent for carrying the DIAD while you drive instead of putting it in the PC holder. Sometimes the seat belt will catch it & it'll beep like crazy & annoy the fudge out of you.

Yes that part annoys me as well. It's such a habit to put I to holder in car. Few drivers in my center carry the d5 in their back pocket. I'm one of the only ones in my center with the clip.

S

selfcancelsignal

It's about 50/50 in our center. Never heard of the back pocket. Might hafta try that next time I forget my belt. That's always a Greek nightmare. LMAO.

The Driver

I drive.
I always used a clip with the Diad 4, but with the 5 it's so small and light I just throw it in the pouch and it stays there all day long, even when I'm driving. Only time I don't have it on my hip is on lunch when it sits in the truck.

How do you buckle up with your DIAD in the way? That's a common annoyance for me if I forget to throw the board in the truck's holder.

Tough Guy

I prefer the black pouch. I'm skinny as a pole, and when I tried the clip, I found that the Diad was a little more free to move and bounce about, which caused it to tug at my pants. Then I'd be adjusting myself all day. I was still a helper when the Diad4 was out. I used to brown "satchel" style pouch, for the same reason.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I prefer the black pouch. I'm skinny as a pole, and when I tried the clip, I found that the Diad was a little more free to move and bounce about, which caused it to tug at my pants. Then I'd be adjusting myself all day. I was still a helper when the Diad4 was out. I used to brown "satchel" style pouch, for the same reason.

Still use the cloth DIAD3 pouch, they'll have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

Sent using a Potato

TheMethods

Polish the shoes. Black belt. White or brown tshirt. I haven't ironed my uniform in over 15 years.

Now for the ride. Just follow the methods. It will be a good day

Sent using BrownCafe App

sportsjock

I'm guilty! My center pays attention to the uniform guidelines like nazis. I'm ex military so I'm use to polishing my boots and being dress right dress..lol definitely the shirt jacket it the way to go, and I favor the clip over the pouch.

I have a highly visible route so I must maintain a some what descent appearance. We have a new DM and he's crazy and nick picks about everything. I run under the radar so I have no problems with them. Some drivers come to work looking like they slept in their uniform.

Sent using BrownCafe App