Union busters fired, claim unfair treatment!

rod

Retired 22 years
Those jobs were temporary anyway, a few years at best, then it would only be a handful of jobs. Plus, those skilled tradespeople will find other union work quickly and it is quite possible many of them will find union work in infrastructure projects that the biden administration will green light

People like union buster Mr. Robb do quite a bit of damage to our collective bargaining rights, you and I benefit from these rights and should question any political movement that installs people like Mr. Robb on the NRLB.
Construction jobs are all "temporary" to begin with. You finish the job and keep your fingers crossed that the company you work for has more work lined up. These were all HIGH paying jobs that don't come along every day like you seem to believe. Quit trying to defend Union Hater Joe.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Construction jobs are all "temporary" to begin with. You finish the job and keep your fingers crossed that the company you work for has more work lined up. These were all HIGH paying jobs that don't come along every day like you seem to believe. Quit trying to defend Union Hater Joe.

Those workers are in trade unions and will sign up for other projects unlike us they can jump from one union company to another in the same local. So yeah, eventually they will be working elsewhere making the same money. Look, I agree it sucks for those guys short term but they are in the union and have a trade, they will land on their feet.

Look what the union hater Biden has done so far. He removed two of trumps union busters from the NLRB and he nominated Marty walsh who was a former union president for labor secretary.

Trump's two labor secretaries were a fast food CEO that was a notorious union hater and then Scalia, a management side attorney. Let alone all the RTW union busters he stacked the NLRB with.

Sorry guys, you can pretend all you want and that may work on the less informed but Trump's labor agenda was anti union. In my opinion Making it easier for millions of workers to unionize far outweighs a few thousand temp jobs on a questionable infrastructure project.

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
The bigger danger to unions are the unions themselves. Particularly apathetic members and corrupt locals and reps. They’ve done for more damage than any union buster.

Right wing propaganda has quite a bit to do with the apathy and the perception of corruption. Not saying there are not bad locals, bad BAs ect. But I have met many that see corruption where there is no evidence of it.