Union busters fired, claim unfair treatment!

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

OK...now will he be willing to rewrite our nations law laws and put real teeth in penalties when these corporate two percenters violate federal laws.. in particular writing protections of discrimination against bargaining unit employees similar to other minorities...

Just wait till Amazon and Fed ex employees starts to gets uppity and wants to form an Union than we will surely see who really is running the country..

Firing two directors is only token...Also reform and accountability is a must for our national unions who are still stuck with outdated methods of organizing and a grievance procedure that is transparent not one done in dark rooms by the good old boys on both sides...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Also reform and accountability is a must for our national unions who are still stuck with outdated methods of organizing and a grievance procedure that is transparent not one done in dark rooms by the good old boys on both sides...

Was curious about these 2 statements.

What do you consider to be "outdated" methods of organizing ?

And, how is the grievance procedure not transparent.... when the BA, Steward, and grievant are present ?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

And, how is the grievance procedure not transparent.... when the BA, Steward, and grievant are present ?

BUG...have you ever asked for a written transcript on a hearing or an interpretation of a grievance. I have experienced requests for meetings and return of phone calls being totally ignored by our leadership on the highest level..Maybe things have changed since the mid nineties when I was heavy involved in the grievance procedures...Back then it was all political and done deals to protect the product and maintain the status quo..

Is it any different now...?

A lot of true unionist that have seen the folly have just given up due to the bureaucracy of the IBT’s secret handshakes and forced contracts ratified by a loophole in the bylaws..The general attitude is the our leadership knows what is good for us and our opinion are an afterthought..

Basically members are getting sick and tired of the 🐶 and pony show...Hence the sad voter turnouts with our contracts and elections...

ski or die

Ski or Die

As a retired steward, I had a grievance on seniority which was pretty much a given. The hearings were at a hotel. They had everyone who had a grievance pending wait in a hotel room. All grievances were heard before lunch except mine. I wasn't even notified I could go to lunch while the panel did. This was before stewards were paid for grievance hearings so I lost a whole day pay. When they returned, the BA sit on his hands and did not say one word. I argued my case but to no avail. It was obvious the decision was made before I even entered the room. I contacted my Local President and had a meeting. He was prepared to file charges against the BA. I did not want any fellow Teamster to lose their job, one of the main reasons I became a steward, so the President brought the BA into the meeting and discussed the issue. The BA then had a meeting with Labor, which I was not invited to. But they reversed the grievance. So I do not agree all grievances are transparent. The BA was eventually relieved of his duties a few years later under similar circumstances.

EverybodyLovesMike

No, my name isnt mike
As a retired steward, I had a grievance on seniority which was pretty much a given. The hearings were at a hotel. They had everyone who had a grievance pending wait in a hotel room. All grievances were heard before lunch except mine. I wasn't even notified I could go to lunch while the panel did. This was before stewards were paid for grievance hearings so I lost a whole day pay. When they returned, the BA sit on his hands and did not say one word. I argued my case but to no avail. It was obvious the decision was made before I even entered the room. I contacted my Local President and had a meeting. He was prepared to file charges against the BA. I did not want any fellow Teamster to lose their job, one of the main reasons I became a steward, so the President brought the BA into the meeting and discussed the issue. The BA then had a meeting with Labor, which I was not invited to. But they reversed the grievance. So I do not agree all grievances are transparent. The BA was eventually relieved of his duties a few years later under similar circumstances.
That scares me. Thanks for increasing my paranoia

I feel the same way about membership. Nobody gets thrown under the bus and they should try to treat every termination grievance like it is their own. Unless you are stealing or committing a similar offense but that goes without saying.

Overpaid Union Thug

Maybe those union busters can get a union jobs on the Keystone Pipeline? Oh wait.......Biden is a more affective union buster than they ever were.

C73CA189-BE94-4EB0-9DE8-8698ACD18624.jpeg

Last edited:

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
Maybe those union busters can get a union jobs on the Keystone Pipeline? Oh wait.......Biden is a more affective union buster than they ever were.

View attachment 326182

Those jobs were temporary anyway, a few years at best, then it would only be a handful of jobs. Plus, those skilled tradespeople will find other union work quickly and it is quite possible many of them will find union work in infrastructure projects that the biden administration will green light

People like union buster Mr. Robb do quite a bit of damage to our collective bargaining rights, you and I benefit from these rights and should question any political movement that installs people like Mr. Robb on the NRLB.

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

Those jobs were temporary anyway, a few years at best, then it would only be a handful of jobs. Plus, those skilled tradespeople will find other union work quickly and it is quite possible many of them will find union work in infrastructure projects that the biden administration will green light

People like union buster Mr. Robb do quite a bit of damage to our collective bargaining rights, you and I benefit from these rights and should question any political movement that installs people like Mr. Robb on the NRLB.
But if Trump, or anyone else not a democrat, had fired those workers you’d be ready to burn them alive. Regardless of whether or not they were temp jobs. And you know this. So there’s no sense in denying it.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Well considering that the VP and Speaker of the House are both from California and they were no where to be seen when it came to fighting against Prop 22. Ironically enough the same proposition that all of “Big Tech” supported. So now in the most progressive state in America we now have a law that begins the decline of Teamster driving jobs. It’s only in California now but it’s already been sited as the platform to implementing the same legislation in every other state.

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
But if Trump, or anyone else not a democrat, had fired those workers you’d be ready to burn them alive. Regardless of whether or not they were temp jobs. And you know this. So there’s no sense in denying it.
No, I am kind of indifferent on the pipeline, the jobs were temp jobs and those guys will find other work in their trades. So enough there will be new infrastructure projects for them to work on. As far as I am concerned it's far more important for the future of organized labor - hell anybody that is working or middle class for that matter - to get the union busters and anti labor people out of power.
Only an idiot would think that Joe Biden cares about unions or workers.
Well...
One of his first acts was to fire that union busting POS Robb, from what I read less than 30 minutes after taking over he issued a demand to resignation from him.

Sorry, I know you and many other union members like Republican policy and trump in particular but their stance on collective bargaining is not good for us.

Overpaid Union Thug

No, I am kind of indifferent on the pipeline, the jobs were temp jobs and those guys will find other work in their trades. So enough there will be new infrastructure projects for them to work on. As far as I am concerned it's far more important for the future of organized labor - hell anybody that is working or middle class for that matter - to get the union busters and anti labor people out of power.

Well...
One of his first acts was to fire that union busting POS Robb, from what I read less than 30 minutes after taking over he issued a demand to resignation from him.

Sorry, I know you and many other union members like Republican policy and trump in particular but their stance on collective bargaining is not good for us.
The bigger danger to unions are the unions themselves. Particularly apathetic members and corrupt locals and reps. They’ve done for more damage than any union buster.