Union busting: Could we be replaced?

trickpony1

What an odd statement.

I certainly didn't cross in 97. Have no intentions now. I've got 6 glorious vacation weeks to schedule in August into Sept.

Ya'll have fun.....

Then I retire in Oct. taking any retirement addition to the pension.....oh, and qualifying for 2024 vacations.....another $7k...

And really.....don't threaten me. Keyboard warrior.....
I'm a little late but.......

I thought you had to work one day into the new year to cash in that years vacation.
So....I could be wrong and your language may be different but if you worked one day into 2024 and then took all your PTO time, in a row, you would have healthcare coverage for those weeks and you would not have left anything on the table.

I know several people that did it that way and were happy.

Just a suggestion....do what you want.

Helping.....

takesteady

I'm not sure I've ever met a union "brother" quite as self centered as you.

You seem to think you're going it alone. The only reason you make money the way you do is because of the power of the union.
We built this together. And now you seem to think you're the only one that matters going forward.
It's really quite unfortunate. You would think a man with so much time invested in the company would have a lot of wisdom to offer. Instead we get....this.

Johney

I'm a little late but.......

I thought you had to work one day into the new year to cash in that years vacation.
So....I could be wrong and your language may be different but if you worked one day into 2024 and then took all your PTO time, in a row, you would have healthcare coverage for those weeks and you would not have left anything on the table.

I know several people that did it that way and were happy.

Just a suggestion....do what you want.

Helping.....
Here you have to work one day into the year to receive your option week. As long as you got at least 156 reports the previous year you get all your vacation time. I bailed the last week of Nov and received my 6 weeks in a lump sum right after that. While I did get hit hard with taxes I didn’t want to work into January I took the money and ran.

qdg2

It's really quite unfortunate. You would think a man with so much time invested in the company would have a lot of wisdom to offer. Instead we get....this.
So Champ,

What"wisdom" do you have to offer?

Since you don't know me......

Now, what would you like to know? How to survive 40+ years? And thrive and be successful? Naw....I guess I don't have much to offer....

Say, why don't you ask some of these guys that are still in progression......sure they can offer loads of wisdom....

"Best advice you just can't take...."

Tell us more.

takesteady

So Champ,

What"wisdom" do you have to offer?

Since you don't know me......

Now, what would you like to know? How to survive 40+ years? And thrive and be successful? Naw....I guess I don't have much to offer....

Say, why don't you ask some of these guys that are still in progression......sure they can offer loads of wisdom....

"Best advice you just can't take...."

Tell us more.
What you fail to realize is that countless others before and after you sacrificed so that you could thrive, something which you seem completely unwilling (and proud) to do. Your ego is out of control and it's why you receive so much pushback here. One of these days that hubris of yours is going to bring you back down to earth.

Last edited:

qdg2

What you fail to realize is that countless others before and after you sacrificed so that you could thrive, something which you seem completely unwilling (and proud) to do. Your ego is out of control and it's why you receive so much pushback here. One of these days that hubris of yours is going to bring you back down to earth.
Don't lecture me about sacrifice.
What you fail to realize is you don't know me.

Now if you really have been on BC for awhile, you don't have any idea about "pushback"(known as hate and bullying).

True, I am proud of my career....UPS ISN'T. Nor you.

Ego? I can back it up. It's all settled history.
Sacrifice? Pkg 15 Feeders 17 at night.

I've paid Union dues 40 years.

Ask my family about sacrifice.

You don't know me.

Apparently, you don't know what being here for 40 years takes.

What you take as hubris is a response to the bullying.

Now what sage advice would you like?

All you have offered is hate.

oldngray

nowhere special
your-union.jpeg