Union delinquent?

BJacs1822

I was a seasonal pre-loader(thought I was permanent but that’s besides the point.) anyways, I got something in the mail that says I’m delinquent to the local in the amount of $340. How can I owe that to the union if I was seasonal and don’t even work there anymore?

542thruNthru

I was a seasonal pre-loader(thought I was permanent but that’s besides the point.) anyways, I got something in the mail that says I’m delinquent to the local in the amount of $340. How can I owe that to the union if I was seasonal and don’t even work there anymore?

How about you call the local union that is demanding the money and ask them.

BJacs1822

I’m going to Monday. It says I have thirty days to pay or they will “seek the appropriate remedy with my employer.” Jan 16th was my last day. What are the going to do, fire me?

Box Ox

I’m going to Monday. It says I have thirty days to pay or they will “seek the appropriate remedy with my employer.” Jan 16th was my last day. What are the going to do, fire me?

Tell them to get bent. That was UPS's problem to deal with as a paycheck deduction.

542thruNthru

It sounds like UPS told the union you were permanent and so the union is looking to collect initiation fees. So I'm sure if you call them and let them know you don't work there and were seasonal it will all disappear.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

the appropriate remedy would be to send
the goombas over and rearrange your kneecaps

consider this in your next move

Yolo

Where are you located?

Box Ox

Would you continue paying rent after your lease was up? This seems to be the same thing essentially

Think @Poop Head is being facetious with the Italian there. True to his name.

I thought you had a choice to be in the union.

In right to work states you have a choice. And seasonals don’t pay union initiation fees or dues.

I’d personally prefer to be in a non-RTW situation where the local is stronger but seasonals don’t have to pay union initiation fees or dues.