Union Dues

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by underpaidslacker, Mar 15, 2019.

1. underpaidslacker

underpaidslacker New Member

Im new and they’ve been taking out union dues for the past 12 weeks or more. I’m really confused.

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Some places take out weekly instead of monthly. Call your union hall and ask.......Google the phone number

3. underpaidslacker

underpaidslacker New Member

It’s $25 a week, isn’t that a little strange?

4. Rack em

Rack em 2018 Brown Cafe Fantasy Football Champion

You pay an initiation fee when you first join, that's what the $25 a week is. After a few pay periods it will stop depending on how much the initiation fee is.

5. Casca

Casca Member

be happy its not every day.........consider telling your supervisor to have payroll stop taking dues and initiation fees out of your pay and you either go on down to the Union Hall and pay or pay your Union Steward....This will avoid UPS payroll messing up your checks.....control your money......welcome to the jungle !

6. UPSER1987

UPSER1987 Active Member

This is totally incorrect information. Get with your steward with union dues issues, they can possibly help you. Your steward should have educated you on the process at the time you signed up to become a union member, so that you would know what to expect. This has nothing to do with UPS payroll.

7. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

No....

Not even close.

Article 3 Section 3

Of the master agreement.

http://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/6161478090_master_final.pdf

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

It’s easier for me to pay the union directly bevause its a hassle to get refunds.

9. BigUnionGuy

How do you do that.... with dues checkoff ?

10. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Don’t know. I got a 4 month refund from one local and paid two months to another. Now I usually pay the first Friday of the month, unless I don’t work the first week.

11. Inthegame

Inthegame Well-Known Member

Hmmm...you self paid dues to the wrong local for four months? Second job?

12. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

No...transfer.....4 months dues went to old local (automatically) Old local refunded dues to me. I paid new local 2 months dues owed.

13. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

Sounds like a yuge pain in the arse. Remind me to never transfer

14. 1989

1989 Well-Known Member

Not really. Got a phone call one day saying “I refunded you 4 months dues instead of forwarding them.” Took about 3 minutes. It worked out best that way.

15. Or when you quit.

16. browndevil

browndevil Well-Known Member

Initiation fees? What Local are you? You can check the bylaws, and by all means own a copy of them, and your answer is there.

17. trailer loader

trailer loader Trailer Loader

When i was hired in August, my initiation fee totaled $235 and they deducted that $25 weekly for 9 weeks, until the last payment of the initiation fee of $10, then the regular union dues of $47 monthly have been deducted on the first paycheck of the month,

18. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

19. BigUnionGuy

You don't know what dues check-off is ?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. Bubblehead

Bubblehead My Senior Picture

There was a guy in my building that elected to forego "dues checkoff" and paid his dues, by personal check annually....not sure why.

It actually cost him his eligibility in our last Local election.

Perhaps that's what your buddy @What'dyabringmetoday??? is referring to???

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List